Bonfire p.2

Austin's POV
I am standing in the corner of the yard eating my burger. I am trying to act as normal as a girl who hasn't eaten a full meal in three days can. I feel a little more awkward after Carly told me about the bonfire and how I must mean something to Wes. What did I do? I have never meant something to anyone. I'm a little taken back and uncomfortable with this new found information. Wes appears out of the gate and walks over to me.
" Hey I want you to meet someone"
I follow Wes into his house and into the Kitchen where a mid age women is standing over the counter
"Mom this is Austin"
I get even more awkward. Why am I meeting his mom, she starts to talk to me.
" Ohh you are even more beautiful then Wesley said. It's so nice to meet you sweetie"
Beautiful? Wesley said? I smile at her while looking over to see Wes with a new red flushed face.
"Well ya so this is Austin, umm why don't we go out and see what the boys are up to." I'm suddenly being dragged away back into the backyard.
The sun has started to set by now and most of the people that were in the back yard have migrated down to the beach. Wesley pulled me along as he grabbed a guitar and headed to the fire pit. He then released my hand and sat down next to drew who also was holding a guitar, hmm maybe they play? I found a seat on a bench next to Carly and Bri and gave them both a smile as I watched Keaton work at starting the fire. As I watched the logs burst in to flames I streaked and fell back into the sand. My arms felt as though they were on fire and I suddenly got a flash of my four year old self climbing her way through the flames and burning wood. I start to scream and cry out for Dara and James...
Suddenly I felt arms around me and hear Wesley voice
"Austin! Austin! Are you ok?"
"Did the fire get you"
"I didn't mean for it to spark up like that"
I hear questions flying at me from all direction but one question in particular catches my attention "Who's Dara and James?"
As I look over at Wesley staring at me waiting for me to answer his question I also see something else in his face. Something I have not seen in a long time. Worry. He's worried about me. Even though I seemed like a total manic he is still worried. I quickly sit up and apologize as I start to head to leave. I'm walking quickly to the gate when I suddenly feel a hand grab my wrist. I jump at the rough contact and flip around to see a worried and stressed Wesley closely followed by a guilty looking Keaton.
"Where are you going. Are you ok?"
"I'm fine I just need to leave now"
"Did the fire hit you. I told Keaton to not use gas"
"I'm so sorry Austin I didn't mean for it to get that big"
As Keaton try's to apologize I quickly say I didn't get hit and try to leave again when Wesley jumps in front of me.
"Why did you scream if you didn't get hit?"
I just stared at him not fully sure what to say, I was so stupid to come here in the first place. I mean it was a bonfire what was I thinking. Then I hear "you don't have to tell me I just want to make sure your ok, and I'd really like it if you were to stay." I look up at Wesley and as much as I would love to stay I can't. I push past him with a quick sorry and run out the door back towards my little beach home.