12

Winnie couldn't focus the entire way over to Sarah's house. Her head was already spinning, thinking about what they wanted and what they wanted out of the world.

They couldn't rant to anyone, everyone was always having fun when they were down, or they just didn't want to put all the pressure and pain on them. Either way, they couldn't quite make out the feeling, the words they wanted to say, the way they had been hurt.

Needless to say, Winnie wanted to be happy and good enough again. Once they had figured out what they were, they started being too little. They kept disappointing people and making them worry. Why did they have to make people worry? Why did they have to be such a disappointment? Everyone was better off with them never being born.

"Winnie?" Sarah said softly, her caramel eyes wide with confusion and hope. "Hm?" they hummed, jumping out of the basket. "I was asking if you were hungry," Sarah said, pulling her bike to the back of her house. "I-uh-no, I'm good," they said, slightly ashamed at themselves, forgetting to have eaten. They were fine, though, hunger wasn't a big problem.

"Well, my mom will be pissed if we don't go to sleep fairly soon, but we can talk for a little while," Sarah said, fixing her hair.

"Alright," Winnie replied, the exhaustion evident in their voice.

After going up to the second floor and changing into pajamas (Sarah lent Winnie some, and she would never admit to the fact that they looked adorable.)

They lay in silence for a bit, then after a while, Winnie turned on their side and draped their arm around Sarah's stomach, curling up a little. The movement started Sarah, and she wasn't really used to physical interaction. She shifted so they were both more comfortable, and Winnie ended up with her head near Sarah's heart, which she didn't mind at all. The constant thump of her heart was calming and helped her fall asleep.

An hour later, both of them were sound asleep, clinging to each other for warmth and protection.

Notes: this sucks lmao whoops but I haven't updated in like 10 years