Chapter 21

After Santana helped her father pick out the perfect necklace- a simple silver chain holding a round, silver stud with a single off-centered diamond in the upper righthand corner- the two headed back for a surprise Antony had set up. Normally Santana wasn't fond of surprises, but she wasn't to gloomy about the free massage and facial. Apparently, it was a Christmas gift from her lovely mother who wished she could be with her daughter. Wait until she heard Santana went away for a month and came back with a girlfriend.

By the Santana's relaxation was over, she was too late to get quality Brittany time in. The Pierce family had decided to have a family dinner together before Christmas festivities kicked into high gear. Santana had tried to find Quinn, but she'd caught sight of Sam and the blonde at dinner and decided to leave them be before they saw her. She felt partially responsible for stealing Sam's alone time with his last blonde, so she wasn't about to do it again. Especially after Sam had been so great about her and Brittany. So instead, the brunette spent the night finishing up Brittany's gift and writing a little, all the while blasting the Music Choice's Holiday channel, though she'd never admit that. She ordered room service since Antony took Christine out for a nice date and Santana's lonely night passed quickly. Before she knew it, she woke up and it was Christmas Eve.

"Santana!" the banging startled her out of her not-so-deep sleep. The girl jolted awake and slowly adjusted to the light streaming in through her window. She made her way to the door, Brittany's voice not once faltering.

"Merry Christmas Eve!" A cheery Brittany greeted. She was wearing black leggings, a red sweater and an adorable Santa hat.

"Merry Christmas Eve," Santana giggled back as she accepted the girl's tight hug. As soon as she pulled away, Brittany tugged an identical Santa hat over Santana's wavy hair.

"Hey," Santana tried to deflect it. It wasn't as adorable on her. Brittany pouted, though, and Santana gave in. Brittany straightened it out and smiled.

"Santana Clause," she joked. Santana rolled her eyes but couldn't fight her smile. Brittany was fucking adorable.

"How 'bout some morning cuddles?" Santana smiled.

"No time," Brittany smiled. "It's Christmas Eve! We've got things to do! Get changed!" Santana feigned an annoyed groan as she headed inside.

"Do I have time to shower?"

"Quickly," Brittany nodded.

"Wanna join me?" Santana flirted. Brittany's face reddened immediately but she resisted the urge.

"Santana," she said slowly.

"Okay, okay, next time," Santana smiled and quickly headed into the shower.

As Santana disappeared, Brittany turned on the TV, only to find Music Choice Holiday as the last station Santana had been watching.

"San!" Brittany sang out as the classic "Do They Know It's Christmas?" played through the room.

"Yeah?" Santana shouted back loud enough for Brittany to hear. Luckily, the water pressure wasn't strong enough to drown out her voice.

"Have you been listening to Christmas music on your own?" Brittany smiled. The way she said it was more of a statement than a question. She already knew the answer and Santana could tell. Even amongst all the hot water hitting her back Santana's cheeks felt the hottest. She pretended she couldn't hear the girl, but it didn't really matter, since she knew she'd already been caught.

A few minutes later Santana sauntered into the room wrapped in nothing but a tiny white towel. Brittany practically choked. Santana smirk back at her. Brittany was laying flat on her back on Santana's bed and before she could fully sit up, Santana was lowering her body onto the girl. She kept her towel around her as Brittany started stammering.