Chapter 28

"Pass me that sweater," Santana pointed to the cream colored item folded on her bed. Lizzie leaned over and tossed it not so gently at Santana. "Real nice," Santana playfully rolled her eyes.

"I can't believe you're leaving me again," Lizzie ignored the girl. "What the fuck am I supposed to do for an entire fucking month?"

"Same thing you did last year." Lizzie sighed as she dramatically flopped back down onto the bed. "Don't try to make me feel bad, I invited you to come." Lizzie popped right back up.

"You know Dale goes on break soon."

"Not my fault. Plus, don't act like you're not gonna be boning him the entire break." Santana shrugged with a smirk. "Toss me those jeans."

"Toss me those jeans," Lizzie muttered under her breath, chuckle.

"Santana!" Antony screamed from downstairs.

"Ugh," Santana rolled her eyes, already knowing what her father wanted.

"Santana! Please!"

"I'm coming!" She shouted with attitude. "Be right back," she sighed to her best friend.

As Santana headed downstairs, Lizzie laid back down on her comforter. She closed her eyes, tired from the drive home.

"Tired?" A soft voice jolted her back awake only a few minutes later.

"Oh," Lizzie laughed lightly when the blonde hair sauntered into the room. "I thought it was San. You're happiness startled me," she laughed making Brittany giggle slightly. "And yeah, somebody made me drive home so her and her girlfriend could cuddle in the backseat."

"I'm sorry," Brittany apologized sincerely, her eyes falling. "I-"

"I'm messing, Brit," Lizzie laughed. "I know it wasn't your idea. She was just happy to see you, couldn't blame her." With both the girl's having midterms they hadn't seen each other in almost three weeks. It was the first time since last year they'd let three weeks go by without spending the weekend together. They figured their month break together would make up for it.

"You want some help?" Lizzie offered as she sat up and crossed her legs on the bed.

"Oh, you don't have to," Brittany sat down beside her placing the laundry basket down. Lizzie just shrugged and started to help Brittany with folding her wash. Santana told Brittany to hold off on paying for the washing machines at school so she could wash everything for free at Santana's.

"Santana tells me dance is going really well?" Brittany nodded with a smile. "I gotta see you live," Lizzie smiled referring to the many videos Santana had shown her.

"We have this benefit show the month after we get back," Brittany told her. "I'm a featured soloist and in some group things. I'm sure Santana's gonna come, I'd love it if you came with her."

"Wanky," Lizzie said in her best Santana voice, making both girls laugh while Brittany playfully hit the girl's arm.

"Seriously though," Brittany smiled.

"I'll be there."

"You know, I'd love for you to visit with Santana too." Lizzie and Santana were rooming together this year, so Brittany got to know Lizzie pretty well whenever she got to visit. Santana was the one with the car though, and since Brittany usually had dance on the weekends, Santana was visiting Brittany more often than the other way around. Brittany still managed to catch a bus to Kenyon every couple weekends, but Santana couldn't go without seeing the girl almost every weekend. Brittany wasn't complaining one bit, but she always felt a little bad that Santana left Lizzie alone most weekends.