Chapter 6

*Grey's POV*

I softly knocked on his bedroom door but I got no response. I twisted the knob in my hand and slowly opened the door, walking inside. I didn't see him anywhere.

"Max?" I called.

In response, I heard sobbing from the closet.

I opened the door to see him sitting on the floor, his knees pushed up to his chest, crying into his hands. I knelt down and wrapped my arms around him. He responded almost immediately by hugging me back tightly.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered over and over again.

We sat there for hours. Him crying into my shoulder and me comforting him until finally, he stopped. It was dark outside by now, the moonlight shone in through his window. Max lay on my chest, my arms wrapped around him, our soft breathing in sync. I wasn't sure if he was sleeping or not, maybe he was just deep in thought, but I wasn't about to be the first to break the silence.

Almost suddenly, he picked his head up and turned to me, looking me in the eyes "Take me somewhere." He pleaded.

I smiled, running my fingers through his messy hair "I know exactly where to go."

As soon as I pulled up by the house, I realized how bad of an idea this was.

"Uhh, Grey? Are you sure you don't want to just go back to my house?"

I nodded "I think this'll be good for us both. It'll clear our minds."

"I know but...it just doesn't seem like somewhere you'd want to go. There's a lot of drunk people in there, Grey."

I sighed and got out of the car, walking toward the house. Max caught up to me and grabbed my hand, interlacing our fingers as we walked.

*Max's POV*

I didn't like it here at all. There were far too many people and it was way too loud. I hate parties. So does Grey, so the fact that he acted as if he was enjoying this confused me so much. It was a few minutes after we arrived when I lost Grey. I couldn't find him. I felt like a child. It wasn't until an hour later I found him. I literally gasped when I saw he had a red cup in his hand.

"Grey! Are you drinking?!?"

He turned to me "Why do you care? You're not my mother." He slurred back at me.

I looked at him, confused and hurt "You swore you would never even get close to alcohol. Do you want to turn into your dad?"

He frowned and walked toward me "I'm not anything like my dad."

I sighed "Give me the cup."

He shook his head "No!"

I rolled my eyes and took it from him, sitting it down on the table in back of me.

"Give it back!" He pleaded.

I grabbed his hand and began to lead him through the house.

"Where are we going?" He asked

"Home."

He wiggled from my grasp "No! I have to find my boyfriend."

"You didn't tell me he was here!" I screamed over the music.

"Sorry, but he is and I want to find him."

He stuck me in a corner and told me he would be right back.

I hated Grey at the moment. He wasn't acting like himself. If he was in his right mind, he would frown upon the idea of even being around someone that was drunk. Never in my wildest dreams would I think he would get drunk himself. And beside that, he was sending me mixed messages. One moment, he's kissing me, the next he's over at his boyfriend's house doing who knows what. I just want him to be mine.