Chapter 2

I woke up to the terrible ringing of my phone. It's midnight. I want to go back to sleep. To go back to my dreams.

"Fuck!" As much as I wanted it to be real, it wasn't. It was a dream. A terribly amazing dream. But only a dream. And Max would never do that. He's far too fragile.

I grabbed my phone, pressing it to the side of my face "Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Hey. Did I wake you up?"

It was him. His voice was soft, solemn. It worried me. "It doesn't matter. What's up?"

There was a pause. Until he finally spoke.

"C-can you come over? I have to...tell you something."

He was nervous. Why was he nervous?

"Yeah. I'll be there."

I swallowed hard as he spoke softly, saying "Okay."

"Max?" I asked

"Yeah?"

I searched for the right words "Is everything okay?"

"I don't know...Just get over here before I change my mind."

The last part was barely audible. It killed me that he was acting like this. I wanted to destroy whatever was causing his pain.

"Okay. Ill see you."

And with that, we both hung up.

The whole drive to his house, I couldn't get my mind straight. I was horribly worried. Max did this a lot. He would call me crying at ridiculous hours so I could listen to what was wrong. It's a great alternative to what he did before he met me. Lets just say he still has the scars. But this time, his call was different. He wasn't only sad, he was nervous. He's never nervous with me.

I walked up to his house and prepared to knock when the door opened infront of me, Max grabbing my arm and pulling me inside his house. He quickly led me to his room without a word. Once we were inside and the door was shut, he turned to me. His face was tear stained, eyes red and puffy.

"Max? What happened?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Nothing." He said simply.

I looked at him confused "What? You make me drive all the way over here just to say 'nothing'? Dude, you're crying!"

He closed his eyes and more tears dripped from them when they opened again. "I'm sorry. Just go home."

I instantly felt bad.

I sighed and grabbed his shoulders "If you don't want to tell me what's wrong, then just tell me what I can do to make you feel better."

He thought for a moment before his eyes fixed on...my lips? Was I dreaming again?

"Max?" I asked

His eyes went back to mine. "Y-yeah?" He stuttered, nervously.

I smiled "Do you want me to kiss you?"

I saw fear pass through his eyes "Why would..." He paused, breathing heavily and thinking things through as fast as he could "Yes." He said, softly.

I removed my hands from his shoulders and moved them to his waist, wrapping them around him and pulling his body close to mine. We didn't brake eye contact, his face increasingly red.

I smiled at how adorable he was before softly pushing my lips to his. He was stiff at first, frightened. But he soon loosed up and wrapped his arms around my neck before he began softly kissing me back. I smiled, which made his lips leave mine in panic.

"Are you laughing at me? Did I do something wrong?"

I shook my head, finding his eyes again "No, babe. It's just...I've wanted this for a really long time."

He smiled "Really?"

I nodded and pecked his lips "Really."

He giggled and wrapped his arms around me, laying his head on my chest. I slowly rocked him.

"Max, why were you crying?" I asked

He paused for a moment "Because I love you, Grey."

I squeezed him tighter "I love you too, Max. More than anything."

He breathed of relief. The boy I've always wanted is finally in my arms.

I picked him up bridal style, which took him by surprise and sat him down on his bed. I took off my shirt and my jeans and joined him in his bed. I pulled him close to me and wrapped my arms around him, his head resting on my bare chest. I fell asleep there.