Chapter 23▪ His Concern

"My heart knows it's him."

~•~•~•~•~•~

As Manik managed to really leave this time. There was a moment where he stopped on his way back, perhaps thinking of turning back, but in the end he marched on.

Nandini sat down on the floor with a thud, hitting her own head with her hands. She was only blaming herself

"Please don't do that. It's not your fault ma'am. He wasn't the one." Jiya tried to calm her down by lying that they found the wrong person.

"No. It's HIM! My heart knows, it's him." Nandini said in a painful tone. She remembers him.

"How could I become so stupid? How could I lost all my skills? Why can't I remember anything? Why? Now, he's turning away from me. Oh god, it hurts! It hurts so much!! I need him!" She cried as she was breaking down. Jiya was feeling helpless to see her in such state.

Here Manik seemed to doubt his actions as he was about to drive away. But shaking his head, he decided not to think about her.

He put his sunglasses on as a mask to keep him from turning back and finally, he drove off.

Here Atul was waiting for Nandini and Jiya to get out. He was such a clever bastard as he knew something was definitely being hidden

As they came out from Manik's place, unfortunately, he got a glimpse of Nandini.

"Damn! It's her!" Soon he realized belatedly that she was the same woman, the missing heir of Kashyap company.

He didn’t have any plans on keeping that information to himself. Without wasting time he called the first person, Mr Jai. But due to a meeting, Jai ignored his call.

***

Nandini was staying at Jiya's place. She was in her room which was decked out like an elementary school, with multiplication tables and alphabet posters covering the walls.

"Come in." She said as she heard a knock at the door.

As the door opened, Neel marched inside with a smile and a bouquet of roses. Well yes, he was aware about Nandini.

"So how is study going?" He asked softly as he saw her practicing her letters in a school book. He gaved her the bouquet and she took it woth a smile.

He noticed that hers and Manik's name was written together on the wall, facing her.

"Study's going well. Jiya said that I was smart before the accident. But now, am not as much genius to remember all in one day." She sighed helplessly

"Yes, you were a genius. But don't worry. Have faith, everything will be alright soon." Neel replied cheerily while Nandini smiled faintly

It’s sad to go from ‘genius’ to ‘relearning the alphabet’.

Neel attempted to cheer her up and admitted that he has a lot of things to say to her, but only when she would get recovered.

"Why can't you tell me now?" Nandini asked confusingly

"When you get the power to resist everything I say, I will tell you then. With nothing left over, nothing hiding." He whispered. Perhaps he was talking about his dad’s secret.

***

Manik had met Mr John Harry who was supposed to give him the secret informations of his company.

The man handed over the USB file to Manik which had his company’s stolen information. He was feeling guilty of his act though.

"You did this for your wife and children. There's no need to cry." Despite his cries, Manik tried to comfort him in a way by reminding him that he did it for his dying wife and children. And in the end, he left the place