s i x

you

9:27 p.m.

your smell and smile
could make even the strongest
fall to their knees

"Hi Ty" Tyler and I decided to meet up to get brunch after I had my meeting. Turns out that I really had to stay in L.A for a few weeks just to make sure that everything is perfect for the new compilation.

"Connie!" Tyler's eyes lit up as he embraced me in a tight hug.

"I was literally gone for 2 days" I chuckled and Tyler slapped my arm playfully. He then stopped hugging me and examined my face.

"What? Do I have something" I chuckled as he just shook his head.

"No no. You just look different" Ty shrugged, I knitted my eyebrows together.

"I already ordered for us. I know that you love avocado on toast" He decided to change the subject while he sat down. I sighed and sat across from him.

"Tyler..." My eyebrows raised.

"Yeah?" He looked at me innocently.

"How do I look different?" I asked, Tyler shrugged.

"You just do. I don't know! Just ignore me" He smiled softly and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine! What have the sisters been doing while I was gone?" The waitress came with our food and Tyler grinned.

"Brett came by yesterday and Korey too. We were just chilling and painted our nails" Tyler cackled and showed me his nails.

matt 🌹: how was your
meeting?

My lips turned into a smile. Matt and I have been texting all morning and throughout my meeting.

My friends and I had a rule of not using our phones while we are about to eat but I was just answering one text.

it was productive! we have
some artists down for the compilation

"Hey! You know the rule" Tyler glanced at me as he figured out I was texting someone.

"I know, Ty" Rolling my eyes I placed my phone on my lap. Tyler smirked.

"Who were you texting?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

matt 🌹: that's amazing to hear, con! if you need some
help then i know some good artists

"Oh you know... Just texting my... my mom" I shrugged my shoulders as I smiled reading the text.

"You hesitated!" Tyler whisper-yelled, I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Tyyyyy" I groaned.

really? you should give me some suggestions! i'd love
to hear new stuff. im at brunch right now  but i'll text you later, matt 🙇🏼

"Okay! I just told my mom that I was at brunch and I'll text her later" I rolled my eyes and Ty was still giving me a weird look.

"I didn't know your mom was named Matthew Bernstein" Ty said seriously but then let out a loud laugh.

"This avocado on toast looks delicious!" I took a bite of it and Tyler rolled his eyes.

"You should know that if you're talking to Matt then you shouldn't hide it. I'm your friend and I just want to see you happy" Ty shrugged his shoulders and took a bite of his food too.