Chapter 1

"Axel, wake up! It's time for school now!" My mom shouted. "It's as if I'm still sleeping ma." I replied. "Okay, prepare yourself now, this is your first day of college!" She yelled. "Okay, ma." I whispered. 

This is the first day of my college life. Actually I'm not really planning on studying very hard because:

1. I am already intelligent.( I really am intelligent )

2. We are rich. I dont need to work on some companies anymore. We have lots of money now. It's enough for me to earn a living until my adolescence.

and 3. I dont wanna go to school. Honestly.

My mother, Alyz, she's the only one who wants me to study because she believes that if we do not work hard, we'll suffer. Ugh, my mother is really a bit weird. She still believes in those old sayings eventhough she knows we have a lot of money.

I already arrived at school. I never thought my college school would be this big. I went inside, asked the guard about the section written in my documents.

"Uhm, do you know where this room is located?" I asked. "Of course, I'm the guard here." He replied. "Just tell me where it is or else I'll be late." I said with a little tone of anger. "Okay little guy, that room." He pointed out to the room at the left located at the second floor. I did not thank him for how he acted a while ago. Sarcastic. It'd be obvious for a guard to know all the sections since he's the guard. Besides, he looks like he's been working here for so long now.

I opened the door of the classroom the guard pointed. *knock knock*

"Good morning mam!" I greeted with a sweet voice. Everyone laughed. Gosh, what's the matter? Did I just say something funny? "Young man, didn't the guard told you what to say when you're greeting a teacher or a personnel?" She asked. "No, mam." I replied. They laughed again. "You must have not thanked him after he told you where your room is. Anyway, when you're going to greet, say good morning/good afternoon then Ms./Mrs./Mr. then the name. Simple as that."

"Good morning Mrs. Soriano!" I greeted again. This time they're like very proud at me. Woo! It feels like a huge weight of nervous has been removed from me.

I looked at each of my classmates. Nothing special about them. I feel like I'm the most handsome among the boys here. Someone also knocked at the door and then it was like, everyone took a deep breathe including me when a young lad entered the door. "Wow". I heard the person in front of me whispered.

"Good morning Mrs. Soriano!" She greeted and then looked around to find a seat. She sat beside me since no one has occupied some of the seats at the back.

"Hi!" I said with a smile. "Hello." She greeted back without any emotions. Damn! She's gorgeous. Everyone keeps looking at her even if the teacher's still teaching.

*Recess*

"Do you have someone to eat with you?" I asked her. "Ahm. No" She answered. "Would like me to eat with you?" I asked again. "Your choice." She replied and then went out. What an attitude for a girl like her. Anyway, I still don't know her so I better not judge so quickly. I also went out to buy snacks.

I already bought some foods and tried to find her but she's nowhere to be found until I saw a large crowd of boys near the supplies store. She's there. Some of the boys come near her. Maybe they wanted to be noticed by that pretty lad. Oh wait, I still don't know her name. I'll ask her later.

And then someone came near me and greeted me. "Hey! New student?" She greeted. " Ah. Yeah. My name's Axel." I answered. " I'm Winona. Nice to meet ya. Hey, I'll just eat with you since it looks like you have no one to eat with you, okay?" "Okay." And then we looked for a place.

When we found a table already, we talked about some things. "So, are you an old student here?" I began. " Yeah. I started studying here since 1st Year. I just live near here. We were from USA. What about you?" She replied. "Uhm, me? I don't really want to study. My mom's the only one who wants me to. We were from Australia. When my grandmother died, we permanently moved here to occupy her house." I answered.

And then we kept on eating our snacks until it was already time for me to go back to classes. " Hey, I think my next class is going to start soon, I better go. Bye! Nice to meet you." I waved my hand at her. " Let's meet here later, okay?" She said. "Okay. I'll try." I answered.

*Class*

It's time for class again. (Ugh. Very boring.) It was our Physics time and our two-hour session was like four hours. It seems like our teacher has some kind of power that makes time move so slow during his class.

"Psst!". I called out for the pretty girl beside me. "What?" She answered with a little angry tone. "What's your name?" I asked with a little confidence. " I'm Britney." She replied. "Ah. So you're Britney. I'm Axel." I offered my hand to her and we shook our hands. "You two! This is not the time for making love. This is Physics time not flirting time!" Our teacher shouted while pointing on the two of us and everyone's eyes seemed to look at us automatically. We quickly looked in front and of course, without holding eah other's hand now. From Britney's eyes, it seems like she's not even disturbed about what our teacher did to us. It was like nothing. 

When Physics was done, it was lunch time already and I looked for Britney to apologize but she's not there already.

*Lunch*

I still tried to look for her but then I saw Winona again. "Hey there handsome! hahaha." She said. "Hey! Have you seen Britney?" I asked. "Britney? Who's that? Is Britney the girl we saw earlier?" She also asked. "Yeah. I had the guts to ask her name and she told me her name's Britney. So, have you seen her?" I explained and asked again. "I think she's with her boyfriend. I saw them on the second floor. By the way, why are you looking for her?" She replied. "Nah, just curious." I said. "Maybe you're feeling something for her noh? Yiie. This handsome guy in front of me is in love." She insisted. "No, I'm not. I'm just... Oh forget about it." I told her. "See? You're in love. You're in love. You're in love." She keeps sticking her tongue out everytime she tells that line. "Let's just eat." And then we kept eating our foods.

(The bell rings)

"Oh! I gotta go. It's my next class. Let's just see each other some time. I have something to do later, okay?" I told her. "That's fine with me." She said.

*Class* 

 "Hey Britney." I whispered. "What now?" She asked. "Do you have a boyfriend?" "Why?" "Just curious." "You want to be?". And then I was like frozen when she said that. "Hey! I'm asking you." She talked again. "Uhm. No. Of course not. We just met. Besides, I don't know you." I said. "Well, next time you don't have any plans of answering your own questions, don't ask, okay?" And then I just listened to our teacher the whole session.

It was dismissal already. I had to go home early because there are a lot of assignments.

*Home*

"I'm home ma!" I shouted. My mom told me that everytime I get home I should tell her. "Oh there you are my dear. How's school?" She asked. "Fine ma." I replied. "So, have you seen beautiful girls?" She asked again. "No ma. They're jusy fine. Can we talk abot this later? I have so much work to do." I told her. "Okay, Axel! After those things don't forget to eat before you sleep, okay?" She reminded me. And then I went to my room.

When I entered my room, I turned on my laptop first to see if there are any notifications from my friends who are also studying in the same school. 

"Hey Axel! Guess what, Josh and I found a hot girl in the school. She's Britney. I bet you have not yet seen her, we'll court her before you do. hahaha" Jason told me. 

"Lol. Britney? I guess you're telling about the girl with the average height, fair, and with long hair. She's my seatmate dude. Hahahaha. :P" I replied. It was not too long before he replied. "Yeah dude, she's the girl. You're so lucky man. Anyway, why don't you introduce us to your 'future girlfriend'?" "Future girlfriend? Hahahaha. How am I going to court her? She has a bad attitude. Anyway, I'll try to talk to her tomorrow, okay?" "Okay, cel!" ('Cel' is my nickname) And then it ended our conversation.