Chapter 3

It's Monday again, which means we have to survive another week of boring days. It's been a long time since Winona joined us to eat. We always see her with Brigette, her girl bestfriend. We have not yet been with Brigette when Winona was with us. I guess I'll ask Winona what's wrong.

*Recess*

It was already recess when I found Winona. "Hey Winona!" I came near her. "Hey." She smiled. "I thought you're not okay because you have not been answering our texts and besides, you never told us you have a girl friend. Hahaha." I told her. "Oh, sorry about that. I was too busy. Anyway, Axel, this is Brigette, 'Brige' for short and Brigette, the is Axel, 'Cel' for short." She then introduced me to Brige and the same thing to Brige. "Okay, it's time already, I think we have to go Axel." She told me again. "Okay. By the way, we have a plan later, want to join?" I asked her. "Let's meet at the mini store okay?" And then both of them went back to their respective classes.

*Dismissal* 

We waited for Winona and Brige to come. It's been half an hour and they're still not here. When they were here already, we  talked about the upcoming school fair. We wanted to build booths that would be popular. Jason suggested that we should build a marriage booth. Josh's idea was to make a mini bakery. Winona and Brige suggested that we should build a karaoke booth. I didn't suggest anymore because we were all shocked of what Winona and Brige suggested so we all agreed to it. Besides, Winona and Brige are known for their beautiful voices because they work on some kind of entertainment club. 

When all agreed, we started listing all the things we will use, the price and the division of labor. Since we are only five and Winona and Brige will be the singers, the three of us will have to build the booth. "We'll help you out" They both said. "No. You're the singers. It's your only job. We can do this." And then we finalized the plan.

Winona and I will buy the stuffs for the booth, Jason and Brige for the karaoke and Josh for food we are going to eat while working. 

We still have 2 weeks for us to finish this so we will finish all the things we have to pass to our teachers before all students become busy for the school fair.

We all went home already. We just texted each other of what we can still add for the karaoke. Winona suggested that the students should give the title of the song they want to hear from them but of course, they will tell if they know the song otherwise, they have to give another. We will also have Q & A portions after each every song or in the middle of the song; it's either we ask someone of who is the singer of the song, what will be the next word or what is the title of the song. We had to have our pre-final deliberation about the booth before next week so that we won't be too busy before the week of the school fair.

It's weekend already. We had to buy some stuffs now and practice for some songs which Winona and Brige will sing for them before we officially open. Winona and Brige did not come with us when we bought some of the materials because they had to practice for their performance at the Sweet Voices Bar, the bar in which they both sing during weekends. I told them that we will come tonight after we buy some of the materials and we told them to prepare theirselves because we will be judging them. "Hey! the two of you, you must do well tonight or else..." "or else what Axel?" "or else I will change our booth and you have to pay all the stuffs we bought because we will not use it anymore if you will not do well later." I said with a combination of humorous and serious voice.

It was not long before dawn so we rushed to Josh's house because it's near the bar where Winona and Brige work. When we put down all the materials, we quickly got inside Josh's car and drove to the bar. When we got there, Winona was already in the middle of the song "Perfect" by Pink

♪ Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel, like you're nothing, you are perfect to me.♪

It was the only lyrics I know from the song. When the Winona was done already, we waved our hands to them giving sign that we are there already. It was Brige's turn this time and she told us that she will sing her favorite song when she sees us there already. She's going to sing "Halo"

♪ Remember those walls I built, baby they're tumbling down, they didn't even put up a fight, they didn't even make a sound........... ♪

We were all amazed with Brige's amazing voice but from what we heard, it's more beautiful when she sings people's requested songs because she wants to amaze people and give joys when she is challenged to sing songs requested by others. They sang alternately since they are the only singers who work here during weekends because the other singers are scheduled during weekdays. When it was their break already, they came to us with smiles on their faces. "The two of you have amazing voices! How come this is the only time we hear it." Jason told them. "You never asked for it. Hahahaha." Brige answered. We ordered some foods and beverages and invited them to eat with us since it's still their break time and they agreed. "Here, drink some water first." I handed out to both of them but they refused to take them. "It's too cold. You'll destroy our precious voices." Winona said. "Oh, sorry dear singers. Hahaha." I told them.

Their break was done already and they had to perform again. This time it's Brige's turn to go first. She said a while ago that she'll sing "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" but Jason said she should reserve it for their performance during the fair so he just asked Brige if she could sing "Terrified" and Brige agreed so we'll listen to her very well this time.

♪You set it again, my heart's in motion, every word feels like a shooting star. I'm at the edge of my emotions, watching the shadows burning in the dark............. ♪

It was so BEA-U-TI-FUL. In fact, words are not enough to describe her performance. Of course Winona will not give up without a fight. She will sing "Angels' Cry. She told us that this will be her first time to sing this song so there are some weird feelings that flow in her nerves but when she started to sing, we were like in a place we've never been.

♪ I couldn't have prepared myself for this fall, shattered in pieces curled on the floor, supernatural love conquers all.......♪

What an AN-GE-LIC voice she has. The time she finished that, we forgot that she said it was her first time so when she walked near us, we told her we don't believe it's her first time to sing that song. They asked their manager if they could go home already because it's already midnight and luckily, their manager allowed them so we went home already. 

When we were near Jason's house, nakita na namin si Mary sa harap ng bahay nila Jason. Nang tumigil na kami, biglang hinila ni Mary si Jason at natumba ng bahagya si Brige dahil na sandal ito kay Jason habang natutulog kanina. Maybe Mary was thinking that Jason is cheating on her so they quickly got inside the house. When they were inside already, we thought that maybe they would fight just because of misinterpretation by Mary so I told Josh and Winona that we should not let Mary see Jason and Brige together. Of course I only whispered it to them since they are in front and Brige's still asleep. "Why don't we just let Josh be Brige's partner?" Winona asked silently. "We can't. We all agreed to the plan and besides, Josh doesn't want to partner Brige. Hahahaha" A little laughter burst out.

Before I went inside our house, I told Winona to guide Brige when they're at their home already so that she may not be harmed  and then I bid goodbye to them. "I'm home, ma!" I shouted. "Oh dear, it's late. Where have you been?" She asked. And then I just answered her while I was going upstairs so that she may not be able to ask questions after this. "Dinner with friends and a little shot." And then I quickly opened the door and lie on the bed. I heard the door closed. Mom closed it.