Chapter 2

Our tour finishes in the dorms we are told to burn our old clothes and change into dauntless ones.

I shake my curly hair down from the bun and apply some eyeliner I change into skinny black jeans and a short sleeved black top. I put a leather jacket over the top to hide the old scars all down my arms from Marcus' cruelty.

I walk to the canteen for lunch and dan eves me over. I smile and take the seat next to him. I wince slightly as my back touches the chair.

"Are you okay?" he asks.
I nod and look down biting the inside of my cheek. "I'm fine." I reply quickly. The man at the end of the table looks at me as if he is trying to figure something out.

"Okay so these are my friends: Sam- she is dating Josh (my best friend) over here to my left and across the table is my brother Uriah, uri for short our older brother is the dauntless born trainer he is called Zeke and that sums it up!" he says pointing to all the people.

Toby walks up behind me and puts a hand on my back as he leans over to get food.

I tense and bit my tongue to stop me from screaming in pain.

His hand immediately comes off my back. "shit, sorry are you okay?" he whispers into my ear.

I nod still tensed.

"Come with me" he says wondering off.

I mouth one sec to dan and quickly follow Toby.

He stops at a store cupboard and walks out with some medical stuff.
He walks for a while longer and stops outside a numbered door.
"Tris open up!" he shouts kicking the door slightly as his hands are full.

She open the door. "hey your home" she says smiling.

"Not for long!"he replies leading me into a huge bathroom.

I take off my top- when we were kids we would help each other after the whippings.
"Jesus Christ I should never have left you I am so sorry!" He shouts angrily.

"I would have done the same if it was me stop worrying this isn't your fault!" I say sternly to him as he cleans the wounds.

"I was selfish I should have stayed and stuck up for you I am sorry!" he says again voice cracking slightly on the verge of tears.

"Don't cry!" I say as he puts bandages onto my back.
I slip on my black top again.
He puts some cream onto the burn making me wince slightly and he leads me back to the canteen.

"Thanks!" I say quietly sitting back next to Dan as Toby walks to the other side of the table to sit with Zeke.

He smirks at me and sits down.

After lunch Dan and I go to the tattoo parlour. I get a fire breathing dragon behind my ear whilst he gets a flame band around the top of his arm.

We then head off to get piercings I get an ear cartilage piercing and a lip piercing whilst he gets an eyebrow piecing.

We then head outside the compound and go for a small run. we sit down on the ground and get to know each other more.

After what seems like minutes people start heading to dinner. Dan extends his hand to pull me up off the ground. I take it and jump up.

When we get into the canteen tris, Toby, Zeke, uri and everyone else is already here. we go sit at their table and get some of the most amazing chocolate cake ever!

"Now that is a cool tattoo!" uri shouts into my ear.

"What did you get Danny?" Zeke says walking over.

"Don't call me Danny!" Dan says quietly while all of us laugh.

He takes off his leather jacket to show him.

Zeke smirks. "I like it! he says sitting back Down next to Toby.

****
I wake up to a banging noise. "meet at the pit in three minutes!" Toby shouts.
I get up quietly whilst everyone groans. I am used to Marcus waking me up used to the sheer terror of him. I know it was an act of cowardice to move yet it was what I have dreamed of since childhood.

I quickly get changed back facing the wall so no one will see the scars or bandages.

I apply thin eyeliner and walk to the pit.

I grab four knives like my rotation group is told and watch Toby like A hawk as he throws his knives.

"Split!" he shouts.
We all walk over to random target boards.
I stand feet apart up straight. I move my arm back slightly, exhale and throw the knife.

I do this for all the others and hit the centre ring each time.
Toby walks over slightly shocked.
"You can move over to guns!" he says loudly after each and everyone of my knives hitting the centre target.

I smirk and walk over to Tris.
Zeke walks in.
"Six can I borrow all of the guns Dan, uri and myself are having a competition!" Zeke says casually.

Tris laughs. "another one! god I am watching this!" she says.

Eric walks in. "visiting day has been rescheduled to tomorrow as there is a faction leader meeting on the original assigned date!" He shouts walking out again.

"You can have them after lunch cause we want to go for a run" she say turning to me.

"What do you want?" she asks.
"Four sent me over." I say shrugging.
"Okay watch me I will shoot a few times then you can try." she replies.
I nod.

She also stands feet apart, back straight, two hands of the gun and she exhales before firing.

She does this a few times before handing me the gun.

I mimic what she did and hit the centre ring. Zeke looks shocked.

"How an earth have you done that on both stations first time?" he asks.

I shrug.

Zeke mouths something to Toby but I can't see from this angle what he is saying.

Toby looks over to tris who nods and mouths sorry.

What's going on?
I dismiss what they were mouthing and go back to shooting at the target. I shift my foot back slightly like tris did to prepare for the backfire. I shoot and for the second time it hits the centre.
Tris looks at her watch.

"Lunch!" she shouts.
Toby smirks and walks over.
"Meet you here on the bench tomorrow act we can act like none of your family is here" he says smiling.
I nod slightly. "but won't they realise I mean we look alike we both have the same colour hair and bright blue eyes!" I remind him.

He itches his chin. "I didn't think of that!" he whispers.

I laugh.
"I have to go!" he says smiling at tris.

I nod.
I walk to the canteen and Dan isn't here.
My new phone buzzes. I pull it out.

Meet me in the pit having a competition - D :)
Okay...- B

I walk back to the pit and sure enough Tris, Toby, Dan, Zeke and uri are all in here along with some people I don't know.

Dan raises his eyebrows. "hey!" he says loudly to me from across the room.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I ask laughing as uri shoots a muffin off a girls head.

The girl laughs as Tris places another muffin on her head.

Dan loads his gun and fires the muffin off her head.
Tris balances another one on the girls head and Zeke reloads the gun.

Zeke hit straight the through the middle of the muffin smirking.

"We will carry this on tomorrow!" uri says shaking his head.

Zeke laughs.
Dan nods and walks over to me smiling.

"Let's go!" he whispers. I nod.