Ñine 💓

•Summer•
The next day I did my regular morning routine and headed to school, excited for chemistry class to talk to my friends.

Lucky for us, we were doing groups today, which meant groups of four. Naturally Ned and Peter came to us. I was on cloud 9 today. For some reason, Spider-Man's visit made me really happy, and now I get to be in a group with Peter.

Boys, boys, boys.

I sighed at myself, staring off into the distance thinking about Spidey. I hadn't been able to get him off of my mind.

Maybe it's the way he laughs, maybe it's the fact I don't know who he is, or maybe the way he grips my waist just stuns me, but I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I was brought back to earth by Michelle snapping in my face. I blushed a deep red and shook my head. "S-sorry." I stuttered as I realized all three of them were staring at me.

"What's got you so distracted today?" Michelle asked. I looked down at the table, breathing out.

"Boys."

"Ooooh," Ned wiggled his eyebrows. "What boys?" Michelle asked. I laughed at Ned. "I'll tell you later." I told Michelle. She nodded at me and we went back to the experiment.

Michelle and I planned to hang out after school that day, and so we did.

She flopped on her bed, putting her hands together.

"So tell me about these...boys."

"Well there's one who's shy, and sweet, and smart. Then the other, who's confident, outgoing, and funny. They're so different, yet I like both of them. Neither of them seem interested in me." I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"Peter!" She shouted at me, and I was taken aback.

"W-what?"

"Peter is the first one. Believe me, girl. He's into you. I haven't seen him stare at anybody like that- not even Liz." She told me, pointing at me and chuckling.

"Liz?" I questioned, messing with my hands.

"Peter's ex-girlfriend, I guess. They never really dated, but he liked her forever and they went to homecoming together." She said and I let out a simple "Oh".

"Wait a minute, don't tell me the second one is Flash, right? Summer-"

"It's not."

"Good."

"Michelle, the second one is Spider-Man." I said and she laughed. "I don't mean to sound rude, but I definitely think you'd have more of a chance with Peter. Spider-Man is a super hero. There's a good chance you'll never even meet him." She said and I nodded, I decided to not tell her about my run in with Spider-Man.

Later that night, I was on my balcony, gazing at the stars and the city lights. On top of everything, I was really starting to miss home.

I had still been texting my mom every day like she said, and I texted my friends every now and then. I had lost all contact with Brendan. I never thought I'd say this, but I missed Chillicothe.

I missed going on daily after-school adventures with Katie and Cheyene.

I missed days where Lilly and I did nothing but watch YouTube and eat.

I miss days Karlee and I would go on walks to get coffee and ice-cream.

I missed it all. I missed my nephew, and my sister. I missed my bed. I missed my body not aching all day long from training. I leaned on the railing, breathing in the cold air of the night. I closed my eyes for a moment, relaxing.

"What's got you down, pretty lady?" I heard from behind me and I turned around to see Spider-Man. I faced the city again, feeling his presence now beside me.

"I guess I'm just missing my hometown." I said, turning to look at him, noticing he was already staring at me. He was hunched over, leaning on the railing as well, with a bag swung on his shoulder.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm glad you're here. I think you belong here." He said, and I cocked my head sideways.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"You've got a big heart. People with big hearts belong in big cities." He replied, and I smiled at him. "Is that why you're here?" I asked.

"I've always lived here. Pre and post spider abilities." He said and I nodded. "I just miss my friends."

"You don't like your new friends?" He asked, and I sighed.

"No, no. I do. Michelle is super cool, Ned's really funny, and Peter's one of the sweetest guys I know. I just don't feel like they really want me there. Especially Peter. He doesn't talk to me much." I admitted, pulling down the sleeves on my sweater.

"I'm sure they want you there. I don't know who wouldn't want you around. You're amazing." He said, and I don't know what came over me, but I hugged him. I buried my head in his chest. "Thank you, Spidey." I whispered.

"H-hold this." He said, handing me the bag he had. "Would our roof make you feel better?" He asked, and I blushed when he called it our roof, but I nodded. He wrapped a strong arm around my waist, and we zipped off to the roof of the building we sat on last night.

"Now," he opened the bag. "My aunt makes the best brownies." He pulled out two brownies and gave me one. I unwrapped it, accidentally dropping the plastic bag it was in. Spidey shot out a web, grabbing the plastic bag and handing it to me. He pulled his mask up to his nose, and I got excited until I realized he wasn't taking it off. I took a bite of the brownie, it melted in my mouth.

"This is delicious." I complimented. He nodded. "I'll tell her you like them."

We started talking about powers. "I got bit by a radioactive spider. You?"

"I got struck by lightning."

"Woah, cool."

"I know right. So, do you fight crime and all that jazz?" I asked.

"Yeah, most of the time. Every once in a while Stark will recruit me for some big mission." He said and I nodded.

"What about you? What's going on there?" He asked. I put my hand out, and little bits of electricity danced in the palm of my hand. "I want to, but I don't have a suit yet, and I want to keep my identity hidden. From everybody, but you I guess. I don't want it to influence my relationships in life." I replied, looking at my watch and realizing it was late.

"I should get back to Stark Towers." I said, and he nodded. I took one last glance at him before he pulled his mask back down, shooting a web and sweeping me off my feet again.