Chapter One

Honestly, I've never been a fan of camping. I never got the concept of spending the night outside with all the bugs, and dirt, and... and just, ew. No, I can't stand it!

I guess that's why I'm probably considered more of an indoor girl. 

You know, the type that would much rather binge watch their favorite TV show rather than run around in the sticks. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved campfires, that is, when they come with smores and hot guys. That I will take any day of the week.

So, you can imagine my best friend's reaction when I agreed to go on a camping trip to the middle of nowhere.

Here's what happened:

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!"Jordan said, looking at me in astonishment. "You, Ella Copeland, actually agreed to go on a camping trip?! What did you do to my best friend?!"

Jordan was more of the sporty type out of the two of us. She was a member of the cross country team, as well as the softball team. The outdoors were something that she just acknowledged as... being there. Like me, she never wanted to spend all her time out there, just enough to get by.

"Well, did you see who was asking?" I looked over at Derek and Ethan, the two hotshots in our grade. While Ethan was smart and nice, Derek was more daring and the total bad boy. Just an hour ago in homeroom, Ethan had leaned over and asked me if I would like to join him and his brother on a camping trip with a few other friends.

To anyone else, I would've completely shot down the offer. But, these were the hottest guys in school we were talking about... and out of everyone, they asked ME!

I mean, it wasn't like I was a nobody. I had plenty of friends, that wasn't the issue. It was just, I spent my time doing dance, wasn't on the cheer leading team, and barely ever hung around the "It" group.

So, I simply answered with a yes, before asking about the way it would all work out. I mean, I didn't want to look disinterested and then have my invitation revoked, but I also didn't want to seem like I was so desperate that it would be a turnoff. This was definitely a two way street.

I met up with Jordan in second period which we had together, only to find out that she was asked by Derek. "I told him I'd see about it, since I didn't want you to be alone. But you freakin' said YES!" Our - more like her - rowdy behavior got us a shush and disapproving look from the teacher before he continued on his rant about geometry or something. I rolled my eyes as we took the conversation down to a whisper, discussing everything. 

When I had spoken to Ethan about it, he had explained that a few of their friends were also going. The campsite was actually owned by one of the student's parents, who had given us access to the best area. They also were letting us borrow some of the spare tents they owned, as long as we could bring our own sleeping bags and personal items. 

I was fine with sitting around the campfire as long as it had adequate bug protection, and gave me a great view of the guys. I mean, was it wrong to stare at something that attractive?

                                                                                          /|\';;'/|\

Now, I found myself hiking through the woods, a heavy backpack strapped on my shoulders, and the two hottest guys right in front of me, leading the way like knights in shining armor. Jordan was beside me, carrying her own stuff as well as she effortlessly kept up, not showing any signs of falling behind in the slightest.

Me, well I was a different story. I was huffing and puffing like the wolf in the three little pigs, which caused everyone in the group, which turned out to be twenty of us, to look back at me with concerned looks. 

Okay, so maybe I wasn't the most athletic. But with the muscles bulging on most of the guys here was more than enough for all of us.

When we finally got off of the path we had been walking along, we arrived at the campsite. It was one big bonfire in the middle, with logs sitting around. Surrounding that were ten tents that looked as if they were big enough to fit two people each. 

Everyone cheered as they formed pairs and headed to their tents. Jordan linked arms with me and squealed. "This is going to be so much FUN! Thanks for coming!" I simply smiled as we headed to our tent.

If only I had known what had been waiting for me.

...

Please comment, read, or vote, if you want to see more of this story.

:) Thanks for Reading - The Heroic Writer