chapter 16

*Nightingale's point of view*

I slowly opened my eyes. It wasnt as bright as I was expecting...i looked around but my head made a mechanical sound. Oh right I was in my new suit... It looked like me. Hmm what should I call myself? Hmm...oh! I know. Marionette. I will be the Marionette.

Yes i like this idea.

So many ideas ive had. I chuckled. Got me to here. Laying in my suit being a demon. I looked around Fazbears. I was in a new place... It was strange. My animatronic was in a gift box. Thankfully the box is currently open. I saw little plushies of the crew and creepy drawings that children probably drew. I heard giggling and my body tensed up. I narrowed my eyes and the walls took themselves down for my eyes to see past. I saw a little bright eyed huge grin boy running towards me a couple rooms down. He had starch yellow hair and bright green eyes. He looked like a stereotypical british kid. Ya know the anime looking kind. I started to hear his footsteps as he became one room away.
Click. Clack. Click.

Panic arose in my body and i crouched into my new hiding place. I covered my present box's lid and hoped for the child to move on. I heard his footsteps cease as he stood in my room. I allowed myself to see past my current obstacle and i looked at the boy. He was standing directly in front of my box smiling brightly.

"Come on out! I know your in there! A new friend i heard! I want to meet you!" He had a sweet british accent. Aha. I knew it. So am i a attraction now? I hesitantly opened my box and stood to my full length.

The boy's mouth dropped. I waved my long fingered hand cautiously not wanting to startle him. He continued to gape at me.

"Do i look strange?" My voice came out almost as my own. It had a overlay of a smooth low voice and a higher pitched one. Sounded like 3 people talked at once. He blinked at least 6 times before he recreated his bright warm smile. He seemed to good for this world. My stomach began to fill with dread and queasiness.

I want him safe and out of fazbears.

"Your pretty. I think your voice sounds awesome!" He gave me a dramatic thumbs up attempting to reassure me. I gave him a slight nod for i cannot make any expressions. The only one is my painted smile.

"Why are you here little boy." I questioned him.

"My dad got this cool new thing.."oh no.. dont tell me. "His like a new security guard thingy!" My stomach dropped.

"My dads name is Jeremy! Jeremy Fitzgerald! Say hi to him!" This little boy.. I hope he doesn't lose his father...like I had..

"Then what's your name?" I asked him trying to get my mind off the thought of my dad and that horrible night.

"Oh! Right silly me! My name is Fringe! Hello!" I smiled. Its odd like my name.

"Im the Marionette." I waved at him. He happily waved right on back to me.

"Why are you over here then? Foxy is quite popular." I asked him intrigued. I dont think theres anything "fun" with a 6 foot Marionette with long creepy fingers. I look like slenderman.. I thought bitterly. But mostly my smile...my painted face..should make any child go running.

"I like things like you. Your cool! Let's be friends?!" He thrust his hand forward and when I hesitated he nodded at his hand. I slowly took his hand and shook it lightly. My super strength scares me. I so do not want to hurt him.

"Deal." I said to him. We went on through the day talking. I learned Fringe's favorite color was black. He loved green olives. He liked Disney movies. His favorite movie was frozen.

"Pft." I burst into laughter.

"What! Frozen is a good movie! I love olaf!" He protested to my laughter. It only made me laugh harder.

"Fine what's your favorite movie then." He crossed his arms and pouted when he asked me.

"My favorite movie is Now you see me" I answered. Sadness hit me when I thought I couldnt watch it anymore.

His face twisted in confusion.
"What's it about I havent seen it."

"Its about magic." I told him simply. His eyes lit up at my words.

"Wow! Magic! I love magic. I want to watch it!" He bounced up to his feet in excitement. I chuckled at his cuteness.

"Ask your dad maybe he will watch it with you. " I responded to Fringe. He nodded with determination.

"I so will watch it!" He lowered himself back down to the floor and looked off into space.

"Do you have a mom?" He suddenly asked me. All the happiness was drained out of his voice. He had on a poker face but i could hear the sadness dripping in his words. He lost his mother.

"I do. But I wont be able to see her again. " I answered sadly.

"I had a mom. She passed away though. That's why we moved here. I understand you." He responded solemnly.

"What about a dad? You know I have one!" He tried to put more cheer into his words. I shook my head slowly.

"He passed on from a accident that occurred here. You and your dad should be careful." I warned him. His eyes widened in shock.

"Im sorry! And thank you! I'll tell dad and be very careful!" He put out his pinky finger a small smile on his face.

I lowered my long pinky to his and he wrapped it around the cool metal.

"It's a promise then. You and your father cannot get hurt." I said to him. Alot of unshaped emotions in my words. My heart clenched in worry. He nodded smiling. He arose to his feet.

The clock read 10 pm.

"I will visit tomorrow Marionette!" He responded cheerfully.

"Please do." I said with dread of the night to come filling in my veins.

Tomorrow is another day.