Sophie's gone 2

Two weeks later

*******
*******
*******

Its been almost two weeks since sophie left for italy. It was a festival of tears at the airport when I saw her off.

School became boring and less vibrant. Mom was happy when she got to know that sophie and i would no longer hang out. God knows how she found out.

I heard that girl who attends your school was offered a scholarship she said with a slight feeling of disgust as we ate one morning. So i heard too i said acting disinterested.

As i looked down my phone i saw a text from jake asking to meet him up for dinner later.

I got up from the dinning table and left after giving a goodbye peck to my mom.

As i arrived at school everything was pretty normal. As I settled for chemistry class a blonde haired girl was walking up to me with a red haired girl by her side. They looked like singers with their pop star clothes and flashy outfits.

Then it hit me that they were actuall one of the country youngest most poupular duo girl group. Who knew they actually school here. I never take notice of my environment.

She finally came towards me and said hi in a hush tone and asked if the seat next to me which originally belonged to sophie was free i answered politely saying yes. And she sat close to me.

During lunch break she asked if she could seat close to me. I allowed her.

Just then derek walked up to our table with alvin looking down casted and moody as ever. He still can get over Sophie's departure i really dont blame him because Sophie was the light of the group everyone felt her departure.

Derek sat down close to the blonde whose name i still down know and alvin sat beside me. Lunch was pretty quiet until the blonde spoke up to derek.

You have been avoiding me for weeks. Derek looked at her as if he would rather be anywhere than talking to her.

I told you its over between us he said in a harsh tone and stormed out of the cafateria.

Alvin followed him to help him calm down. And the blonde whose name is rhea told me to help her talk to Derek that she likes him and she is sorry for what happened.

I seemed to dazed out but from what i gathered she and derek dated and over for some reason i dont know and am supposed to be the peace maker. Seems like i got a job cut out for me I said.

After lunch as i walked out of school cafateria i saw derek walking towards the theatre room and i followed him.

Some moments later we started talking and he told me that Rhea had cheated on him with his cousin Mark.

He told me that he actually liked her and he was betrayed. Me not being the best person to relate feeling with. I hugged him and patted his back for a while beforw i remembered i had a date with jake.

He had been absent from school for 4 days because of his younger sister who was seriously ill.

I went home had change of clothes and when i was coming downstairs i saw mom sitting at the sitting room switching channels.

Where are you going she asked in a fierce tone that commanded silence. Am going out for a walk with a friend i lied a little. Okay come back early she said. I was quite scared she did not argue at all and i knew she was aware that i was meeting jake. But all she said was come back early. I knew something was fishy but i did not want to get pessimistic may be she was finally realizing that am happy around them. Okay mom i answered.

Jake pov

I had been waiting for over thirty minutes for Lena this was the last time i was going to see her. Because i was offered scorlaship to train in one of the most exclusive basketball league which was in Milan offered to me by her mother. And a huge amount of money in exhnage to leave her daughter alone. I had no choice but to take it.

She was just someone so blinded by love not to see i was after her for her money and poularity. I really liked her but not anymore.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Lena who sat down close to me by the bench in the small play ground. She hugged me tightly and gave me a slight kiss on the lip. I returned the hug and prepared to tell her i was leaving by next week.

Lena pov

I saw jake sitting by the bench so lost in thoughts. I walked towards the bench and sat closer to him pulling him into a side hug. He hugged me then i gave him a slight kiss on the lip which he did not reciprocate.
I knew something was up. So we started a convo and we kept talking until he broke the news that he was moving abroad. It broke me, i was shattered, i was distressed. He told me that he would come visit sometimes that i should wait for him. And this jas been his dream.

Me being an understanding girlfriend offered to wait for him. I could not watch him choose me over his dream.
And i was just 17 so by the time he came back i would have been a better woman and a better girlfriend.

We hugged and kissed for how many times i couldn't count.

It was all fun till i got home and started throwing tantrums and getting angry for no reason. I cried till i could no longer cry.

2 weeks later

******
I was still moody and grumpy things could not get any better. Lately i had no friends comsidering the fact that derek had moved to London to further his studies to help him take over his father's company.

I was left alone i cried every night when i thought of sophie and jake. Mom could not longer bear it so she spilled the beans and told me she had paid jake off and that i should not cry over such a scumbag who choose money instead of me.

I decided to blame it all on mom. I left the house the following day and went over to my cousin's bella. A sassy rich kid whose beauty made a lot of boys drool over her. She is currently dating one of the hottest stars james reid and she is two years older than me.

After some heart to heart conversation with her i realized it was not mom's fault but jake. If he actaully liked me he would not choose money over me.

I decided from that day onwards to be head strong. Strong willed and a woman of no mercy, a girl who men will worship her feet. And mom could not contain her hapiness that i was finally becoming the child she wants me to be.

I Lena De olivera will never ever give in my feeling to anybody but rather focus on my family's business.

Mom handed me the fashion industry and everything concerned with it to manage.

And that is how i became so cold hearted even in the business world.

Sorry for the late update guys. Am not really good at writing so i need all the advice i can get. And sorry for the grammatical errors and dont forget to click that little star below.

And your comments are appreciated. Watch out of the characters in a few days thanks guys😘😘😘