Chapter 4: Missing

Warning & Disclaimer: Contains mentions of child abuse. This fanfiction draws from real people, places, and events however its connections are purely the work of the author's imagination. Talayiah is an original character and is completely fictional, although some aspects are based on true stories.

We wrapped up the shoot at the recording studio pretty smoothly with some time to spare. The producers had planned a BBQ party for Warren G and the boys that evening. This gave us several hours of free time. The boys wanted to go shopping so I took them to a nearby mall. Suga and Rapmon quickly went their own ways while Jin, Kookie, and Jhope asked where the food court was. After giving them directions, I turned around and nearly ran into V and Jimin, startled that they we so close with mischievous smiles on their faces, they leaned in and whispered "Let's take Talayiah to get a makeover!" I smiled at their idea and nodded in agreement.

The first place we went to was a salon. They wanted to get two little buns in her hair with a tiara of course. I stayed with Talayiah while they shopped for a dress. When Jin heard what V and Jimin were up to, he came looking for Talayiah and I with a bag full of food, of course. Talayiah's eye always widened when she saw Jin. When the hairstylist was almost done, V called all the boys to come. He had this whole thing planned out that she would go to the bathroom and change and when she walked out we would all dote on her. It was beautiful how V went over and beyond to make her feel loved.

I went with Talayiah to help her change. The expression on her face when she saw the dress was priceless. She kept asking me, "Is that for me?" I smiled and nodded, "Yes sweetie, it's for you. Jiminie Oppa and TaeHyung Oppa picked it out for you. Do you like it?" She couldn't take her eyes off the dress and just smiled. After she dressed, I led her out, walking in front of her to block her from the boys view. I stepped to the right and with my to hands leaning to the left, I presented "Gentlemen, may I present to you the most beautiful girl in Los Angeles, Talayiah!" The boys clapped and cheered her with praise. She was so happy she was walking on clouds. Thankfully the makeover finished just in time for the BBQ. We headed over to the party and Talayiah's seven princes escorted her.

While we were at the party, they continued to film. Those of us behind the scene ate to our heart's content as we watched. Talayiah ate so much food; I don't know how she fit it in her tiny body. Fortunately the filming didn't take long; there was still plenty of time left to have fun and boy did they.

By the time we returned everyone home, Talayiah was fast asleep. Without asking, Kookie immediately picked her little body up and rested her head on his shoulder and headed up the stairs. V quickly followed along with Jimin right behind him. "We'll drop her off and head to the dorm," Jimin told his hyungs. I went along with the boys in case there was some issue needing translations.

When we got to the door I was relieved when Talyaiah's grandmother opened the door. I had dreaded seeing the aunt. I quickly apologized for bringing Talayiah home so late.

"It's ok, dear. I knew she was in a safe place," said the grandmother softly.

As I was making a quick introduction to the boys V jumped out and hugged the grandmother, "Halmoni!"

Initially shocked and a little disoriented by the exuberant young man, she just smiled and pattted him on the back, "Hello, dear. You must be V."

V took a step back and gesture, "How did you know?"

"Oh Talayiah has told me a lot about you, how funny you are and how affectionate you are," she said while gesturing to the hug he just gave her.

V smiled.

"Come, come in for some tea," she said as she turned around and headed towards the kitchen.

I hesitated for a moment in fear of seeing the aunt. Talayiah's grandmother was sharp witted she responded without my saying a word, "My daughter is out, don't worry. Have a seat on the couch."