[ chapter eight • big news ]

Video Credits: ShawnMendesVEVO on YouTube

[ Freddy's POV • ]
"And then I was like, don't mess with the Zack-Atta.."

"Okay Zack, I really don't want to hear about the fight between you and your cat." I complained.

"Fine, I'll just tell Lawrence about it." he replied, quite annoyed.

I have a feeling his cat doesn't even want to hear his stories.

Or be in them.

"Guys! Guess what guess what guess what!" Summer yelled, twirling around the classroom.

Why does she have to be so adorable?

"I just got us a huge gig, in LA!" she shrieked.

LA, as in the one in California? This is huge for the band!

"Tell us more Sum!" Tomika said.

"So we've been invited to MusicLife!"

"What the heck is that?" I asked.

"It's a new event where they invite semi-popular music groups to perform in front of thousands of people! Justin Bieber is opening up, so the arena will be packed! Then there's going to be an afterparty, and we get a hotel, food, and a plane ticket for free! They loved our music so much they decided to pay for us!"

"That sure is amazing, but how will we tell our parents?" Tomika asked.

"Yeah, won't it be during the school week?" Zack chimed in.

"You're right, it's Friday through Sunday.
We'll miss a day of school." Summer sighed, disappointed.

"I think I have an idea." Mr. Finn commented.

Oh no.

I was not in the mood to do something illegal.

"Don't worry kids, when is this MusicLife event?"

"It's in about two weeks. We get to rehearse Friday, perform and attend the after party Saturday, and go home Sunday." Summer told the class.

"If Principal Mullins or your parents ask where we're going, tell them about some science museum in Los Angeles. They'll be more sure to fall for it. I'll even make fake field trip forms." Mr. Finn suggested.

"Are you sure we should do this?" Lawrence asked.

"This is our chance to go big. Now or never Larry." Tomika told him.

I gave my mom the field trip form later that day, and she piled me with a billion questions.

And all my answers? They were lies.

Once I finally received a signature, I ran upstairs to my room to message my friends.

"Any answers on your field trip forms? My mom said yes." I texted the group chat.

"Mine too." -Summer.