21

First published : August 1, 2017
Last updated : June 1, 2020

Turns out I get better motivation to write if I'm in a pitch black room. Bad for my eyes but it works.

I feel like I'm repeating myself as I wrote these last few chapters but oh well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know. The doctor said he was on his way to the hospital and his coworkers told him that they had to do an immediate surgery. They don't know if he will make it."

Andy looks away again, turning his attention to his leg that is slightly bouncing nervously. He inhaled deeply, letting his eyes close, forcing himself to stop shaking. "What if we lose him?" He whispers.

Micah curls and uncurls one of his fists to try to keep his emotions at bay. "No, he's gonna be okay, he'll be alright. Ross will pull through." He tries to reassure his friend, but seemed like he was reassuring himself more than Andy.

Andy snapped his head towards him "But what if he doesn't?! What if he dies! I don't think I can go through that pain, not again."

Micah put his hand on Andy's shoulder "Andy it'll be okay. He'll make it. He's a fighter."

Tears started going down his cheeks "But what if he's not strong enough?" Andy whimpered

He sounded so broken saying that. Micah started crying as well. He would probably never understand exactly how Andy was feeling. But he started thinking about how it would be if he was in that position, and if it was Luke in that hospital.

Andy cried into his hands. Micah wrapped his arms around him from behind. He rested his head on Andy's back. They sobbed for what seemed like hours.

Ross was his one of Andy's best friends. They've known each other since Andy was eight years old and Ross was twelve. They've been friends for years. They moved in together. And their romance has just basically started. They love each other. He wanted to be with Ross. He wanted to spend his life with Ross.

Andy didn't know what he would do if Ross did die. He was deciding if he should attempt to take his life again or not if Ross passed.

It wouldn't be what Ross would want but Andy didn't want to be left all alone on this miserable Earth.

But he reminds himself that he is not fully alone. Micah, as well as C, cleaned up the bloody mess he made on his arms and the mattress. Micah may have been panicking but he pushed through to make sure his friend was alright. And Micah held on to Andy, hugging him so tightly there might be bruises on Andy's arms if he looked in the mirror. He held onto him, showing him that he cared for him and to keep him from hurting himself again.

Micah is still holding onto him as Luke rushes through the front door.

"Fuckin hell it's really pouring out there." Luke says mostly to himself. The wind was blowing against the rain and the trees really hard. The sheets of rain probably made it impossible to keep anything or any part of your person dry.

Andy then sees Luke walk into the living room looking at him and Micah. His clothes are all wet and his long hair is dripping at the ends. Andy pushes himself up off of Micah's lap, preparing to get scolded by Luke.

Luke sets his phone and jacket on the other sofa. He's staring at Andy with an unreadable expression. Micah glanced back and forth nervously at the two of them.

Luke takes a few steps forward and sits in the space between Micah and Andy. Immediately he wraps his arms around Andy. One hand on the back of Andy's head, one gripping tightly on the back of Andy's shirt. His face pressed against the side of Andy's head. His voice muffled by his hair but Andy heard him clearly say to him,