Bowling

Set sometime in season 3 after hive and Bobbi and Hunter are still there, and Lincoln is still alive. This turned out really shitty so sorry in advance.

In celebration of destroying hive, the team decided to go out bowling, couple bowling. Mack and Elena were a pair, Fitzsimmons were a pair, Lincoln and Daisy were a pair, and Bobbi and Hunter were a pair. That just left Phil and Melinda to be a pair. May was excited to be partnered with Phil even though she didn't show it. Everyone else in base was dating besides them, so they just decided to be partners for bowling, even though she would love to date him in real life, she's not sure if he'd feel the same. "YES SPARE! HA IN YOUR FACE!" Daisy yells at everyone. Phil just whispers in May's ear "show her how it's done." May gets up and throws the ball and gets a strike. All she does is turn around and sits on Phil's lap. All of the couples had to sit on the men's lap so she just sat on top of Phil, wasn't like it was the first time she did it. Everyone was gaping. Not because she got a strike but because she's sitting on Phil. "Why is everyone looking at us!?" May says and they all snap out of their shock and just continue taking turns. It came up to Phil's turn. "YOU GOT THIS PHIL!" May yells. He throws the ball and it hits no pins. She could not watch her man fail. So she gets up behind him and helps him lead the ball to a strike. Her hand on top of his, her stomach feeling butterflies. They throw the ball and he gets a strike. "HA IN YOUR FACE!" Phil says to Daisy. "Well you had help from May!" Daisy said. "At least I got a strike!" Phil said. God they were such dorks, May thought to herself. "Ugh fine, I'll let you have that one." Daisy said. Next was Bobbi and Hunter. "YESS babe! You got it!" Hunter yelled. She threw the ball and she got a strike. Then Fitzsimmons went up and they both got a foul. "Bloody hell, I thought I was bad." Hunter said. "This game is so stupid. Judging by the physics aspect of this, we should have hit all of the pins!" Jemma said.
Right now Daisy, Bobbi and May were tied. This was their final round. "May let the girls win." Phil whispered in her ear. "No...I worked too hard." May said
"Come on let them have this win."
".....nope." May said as she got up from his lap and went up to get the bowling ball. She was getting ready to throw it when she felt his arms around her waist. She could not let this distract her. She had to win. Right when she was about to throw it she felt Phil kiss her neck and she let go of the ball and she ended up getting a spare. "YES!" Daisy and Bobbi yelled together. "I had to let the girls win this one some way." Phil whispered in her ear.
"By kissing my neck!" May said, she was mad. She knew it was just for show to let the girls win. If only it was because he liked her. She just pushed Phil away from her and went to the bathroom. Coming to couple bowling was such a stupid idea. She wasn't even dating him.
Currently, she was in the handicap bathroom. It was the only one open and she couldn't let anyone see her like this. She started crying, thinking of the what if's, how stupid was she to think that maybe he had feelings for her when he only wants the girls to win. She was lost in thought until she heard a soft knock on the door. "May, are you all right? Phil didn't see where you went. You went away too quickly, and don't worry it's just me, nobody saw me coming here." Jemma said. May wiped away her tears and opened the door for the Brit can come in. She locked the door behind her. "Can I give you a hug?" Jemma asked. May just shook her head up and down and she felt Jemma give her a hug. She couldn't hold back the tears anymore. "I wish it was real. He was just doing it to distract me from beating the girls." May whispered into Simmons shirt.
"Shhhh, it's ok May, I know, but it was real, he's outside looking for you, worried sick. Have you not noticed he would do anything for you?" Jemma said.
"How do you know it's real? He was probably just teasing me, and he saw that I really wanted it to be real. God I made such a fool out of myself." May said while still hugging Jemma. They just stayed like that. Silent for a while. It was a comfortable silence. They moved to sitting on the floor. May still hugging Jemma. "Daisy, Bobbi, Lincoln, Hunter, and Fitz are having beers right now.....and Phil is just looking around everywhere for you. He went upstairs to the arcade, to look for you, last time I saw him." Jemma said. Before May could answer she heard a knock on the door and Jemma just yelled "BUSY!"
"Jemma, it's me! I can't find May anywhere! I'm really starting to worry about her." Phil said. Jemma and May were just silent. Didn't say anything back.
"Is she in there with you!?" Phil asked.
"What do I say?" Jemma whispered to May.
"Say nothing." She whispered back.
"Jemma Anne Simmons, if you don't open this door right now, I will get Daisy to quake this door down!" Phil said.
"Fine she's here with me!" Jemma yelled
"May!? Are you ok!? What happened? Did I do something wrong?" Phil said. Jemma just got up and May was whispering to her "NO NO DONT YOU DARE!" but she opened the door, letting Phil go through. "You guys had to talk about this at some point." Jemma said while looking at May and walking away, shutting the door behind her. "Mel, what's wrong?" Phil said as he sat down next to her on the floor. "Nothing." May said.
"No, clearly something's wrong and I need for you to tell me." Phil said
"I'm so stupid, to think you felt the same way, you used my emotions as a distraction to let the girls win." May said angrily.
"Who said I don't feel that way? Who said it was a distraction, and that I didn't want it to be real? Who said that I don't love you? Because whoever said that needs to have a talk with me so I can set them straight." Phil said. May was just quiet. Is she really hearing this. He feels the same way. "You love me?" Is all she could say, her voice was quiet.
"Do I love you? What type of question is that? Of course I love you. I would do anything for you!" He says, he then lifts her head up to look at him. Staring at her brown eyes he says "listen to me, I love you. Only you, if you want to we can pretend this never -" he was cut off by May pressing her lips against his. They started making out in the bathroom. Luckily it was a handicap one. Once they pulled away for some air, they placed their foreheads against each other's and she says "good, because I love you too." Eventually they leave the bathroom, holding hands. When they go back to the team they act normal. "Soooo I saw you guys holding hands, are you dating?" Daisy said. Phil just looks at May and she gives him a tiny nod of approval and he gives her a long kiss, when they break apart he turns to Daisy and says "does that answer your question?"
Everyone then said "OH MY GOSH, CONGRATULATIONS!"
"It's about bloody time!" Hunter said.
May thought to herself, hmm I guess bowling isn't that bad