My Story

There was this one kid that got on my nerves ever since he'd deserted me for another girl.  After that, he never stopped being mean to me, joking around, letting me down.  But it got worse when he noticed I was eating a little more food that others.  Sure I was growing, but food's kind of my life so I enjoy eating it.  He would call me names like 'muffin top' or 'thunder thighs,' and I acted like it was funny.  Haha, you're calling me fat.  Thanks, I didn't notice.

When high school first started we stopped talking and every thing was great again.  I'd worked on getting over the past and being more positive towards myself, not thinking I was fat.  But then there were the two times he talked to me.  It only took one conversation to bring all my hopes down again.  The first time I was bringing home cookies for my family, two little containers.  We'd somehow gotten to walk side by side, and he asked, "wow, do you REALLY need to eat that much?"

Of course I laughed it off and said that I was 'storing for hibernation' or something stupid like that.  I thought I was okay with him joking like that until I started crying that night.  the next time he talked to me was the last, but he walked passed me in a restaurant, right when I was eating my food and leaned down and whispered "you're fat" into my ear, then walked off.  I guess if I was more weak I'd stop eating and cry in the bathroom, but I texted my friend about what happened and she ran to come comfort me, even if she wasn't there long.

I guess it still bothered me, but I knew I had to get passed this, I wasn't really fat, only a bit chubby, and I could deal with that.  So I emailed him and told him nicely to waste his time doing something more productive than calling me fat because I lied and said it didn't bring me down.  He never talked to me after that, so I guess everything's okay now.

I was still upset, but a bunch of my friend had heard about it and were being supportive, telling me that I wasn't fat and such, and I guess I believe it now.  sure, I'd like to slim down a bit, but not because he called me fat.  I realized that I can't let what he said bring me down, not when people I know love me the way I am now.  And if he talks to me ever again, I'm sure I can take him on, because I know I got an army by my side supporting me more than he could ever imagine.