vii

the kiss;

lucy was wide awake and it was two in the morning. she could hear distant noises coming from the television harry had bought as an anniversary gift two years ago. the noises started to fade away as she realised that harry was coming to bed. she was still wide awake. she heard the gentle twist of the door knob as harry walked in the room, the door creaking slightly. she heard harry plop in to their king sized bed. 

"hey baby," he whispered in her ear. the warm breath caused a wave of goosebumps on her pale skin. she turned around to face harry. the lamp was still on. she knew every inch of harry's skin. she made sure she memorised it. the dim light only revealed a bit of harry's tattooed torso (the tattoos she loved and memorised and doodled on her skin, from time to time).

"hi," she whispered. her breath smelled like colgate, while his smelled like alcohol, "are you drunk, harry?"

he responded with a nope and kissed her forehead. a content sigh escaped her mouth as his lips left her forehead. it had been a day since she overheard harry speaking on the phone and she still hadn't mustered the courage to confront harry. the thought of losing him again made her heart fall to her stomach. she was afraid of what she would learn if she let go of him. she was afraid of losing him. 

lucy stared longer at harry, trying to memorise the way he would caress her face as he tucked a stray hair or the way his green eyes stared deeply into her brown ones for seconds that seemed like hours and days and infinities. 

"don't leave me again harry," she asked snuggling up closer into his chest as her feelings overcame her thoughts making her forget every thing that had happened in the past few days. harry grabbed her hand and left a kiss on it.

"i promise, lucy." he whispered, uncertain. lucy shut her eyes tightly trying to believe his promises. lucy opened her eyes and looked into harry's eyes, looking for some sort of reassurance. harry immediately recognised the uncertain look on her face and kissed her. lucy's eyes opened in shock, for this was the first time harry had kissed her after the break up. their lips moved in sync and lucy's heart fluttered.harry pulled away breathless as he felt a tingling sensation on his lips, leaving him confused.