ii

the drunk call;

It had been two weeks since Lucy had talked to Harry on the phone. All she does is wear Harry's sweater at home and mope all day. She hears the voice mails that come through her landline and doesn't pick up her phone unless it's Harry.

She's wasted. Her entire house is full of empty beer cans and wine bottles. She holds a wine bottle in her hand, with dry tears on her face as her finger shakes on Harry's contact. She misses him. She misses everything about him. She misses the way it used to be. It's just been two weeks, but he's everywhere. He's in the same studio, helping artists, while Lucy manages the financial part of it. They worked in the same place. "Extra bonding," he said it would be. Now it's just a reminder of what she will never have. She remembered the first time they had a fight and they didn't talk at all. He came home one night and took some of his clothes and a toothbrush and stayed in Andy's apartment. He wanted a "break". He said it would be good for them. He said it would help them in the long run. It didn't. The next few days went by and Lucy cut five inches of her hair. Harry came home and cried in front of her, begging for forgiveness. Lena took him back in a heart beat. She always will.

Her finger gently presses on Harry's contact. Her heart beats loudly as the phone rings. She hears his voice through the phone and she smiles. She smiles because it's been too long.

"Hello?" He says.

"Harry, it's Lucy. I miss you, Harry. Please come back, Harry." She cries. Fresh, hot tears run down her face as she thinks about Harry.

"Are you drunk?" He says, with concerned laced in his voice. Lucy's heart flutters at his concern. He still cares and Lucy thinks he misses her too.

"Don't you miss me? I miss you. I miss you so much. Ever since you left, I feel empty. Harry, baby, please come back," she begs, clutching the phone tighter.

"I need to go, Lucy." He says this coldly and Lena's heart shatters once more.

"Harry-" she starts, but it's too late. Harry's gone. Harry's gone and he took a little bit of Lucy with him.

She needs to breathe. Lucy needs to calm down. She breathes faster and tries to inhale faster. Her hands shake and her head pounds, due to the lack of oxygen. She puts a firm grip on the sofa she sits on and takes a deep breath.

She cries again. She misses Harry. She misses Harry so much. She's so scared and lonely and she just wants Harry by her side. She throws the pillow next to her on the white tiles beneath her. She cries and cries, until she gets tired and falls asleep in the couch, wrapped in her -now- snot filled woollen blanket, with shattered photo frames, surrounding her.