Chapter Four - Lost In Love

One month later

Ross' POV

It was late afternoon when I had just gotten back from filming Status Update. Tired was never a word that could describe my state enough.. I was exhausted.

Everyone was busy being lazy...literally. My parents were napping, Rocky and Ryland were sleepily watching a tv show. Only Rydel was out with Ellington, while Riker and Ryby, of course, were settled down in their new house with Lexi.

I was about to grab my phone from the nightstand, wanting to check up on Hailey when I caught her through the window, sitting in her desk with a piece of paper in her hands, tears filling her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

I was mostly confused, bewildered about what could possibly have such a happy goof ball like her cry with such oppression..tear with such scars visible in the eyes.

My body jolted to the window and I immediately opened it, catching her attention, making her do the same.

"Baby?" I tried to make her look at me when her shoulders shook as she sobbed heavily. "Honey, what's the matter?"

She just squeezed her eyes shut, shaking her head slowly before I clicked my tongue, my eyebrows furrowed.

I sneaked out my window and into hers, standing on her desk as she looked at me, trying to halt her cries. I took a seat beside her, my arms rested on the desk, "calm down, babygirl," I cooed, grabbing tissue paper to hand it to her as she dried her tears. "What's wrong?"

She just handed me the paper, drawing away the fallen strands from her ponytail.

I looked at the cursive handwriting, still confused at what exactly it was.

Dear Hailey,
          I know this is weird to you...your internet addict best friend sending you a mail...

I couldn't bring myself to text you this.

Before I start, I want to let you know that you are the most powerful girl I have ever met, the most beautiful and the most intelligent. You you were a huge part of my life, you were basically all of it. You're the reason I wake up everyday knowing that whatever happens, it's all going to be just fine with you by my side.

Without you, I wouldn't have graduated from college with such a high degree...I wouldn't have grown up to be the girl I am now.

I wouldn't have met Felix.

That day I last saw you at my wedding, when all I could see in your eyes was love for your best friend and your cousin. When you giggled, telling me that two weddings in a row mean a happy life to you...

I'm so sorry I didn't tell you then.

Neither I, nor Felix had the heart to.

I couldn't confess to you that I was forced to stay out of your sight. I couldn't confess to you that I was forced to not know you anymore.

Felix's mother and his grandparents threatened me if I get in touch with you- or even if I end up telling you where I live.

I don't want to hurt your relationship with Ross. I don't want to ruin what both of you have endlessly fought for.

Felix and I are now happy together, awaiting a baby whom I had wished could be touched firstly by you.

And who knows, maybe faith will someday unite us back together.

I know you're crying, and I am very sorry I was ever to let you tear. But I want you to know that I love you, Hailey. I love you, non blood twin.