Calling x All x Criminals

Picture of Akira above, mood for this fanfic is Milk and Cookies by Melanie Martinez. 

*Akira Ishimura, Coordinates Unknown*

"Tell me who sent you."

His face, though good looking, was the face of a man I needed to kill.

"No." I spat onto his cheek, which had come far too close to my own. He'd tried seduction at one point, but our relationship never went farther than a touch on the hip, a caress of the knee. His hand had slid too far up my inner thigh, and my cover was blown.

"Sweetheart, I need your compliance if you plan on staying in one piece." His green eyes glared harshly into my lavender ones, getting more angry with every second that ticked past.

I was pretty. I knew it, he knew it. It was fairly obvious every time I had successfully landed myself on the arm of a rich man with a price on his head.

"Baby, I don't think you could kill me. I love you, remember?" I smile, the definition of innocence. I can't hold it for long, and end up stretching my lips into a malicious grin. "Besides, I thought we were having way too much fun?"

This man, he knew I was a liar. My tricks, my mindless banter, none of it could get to him now. My power was in my words, the way I spoke,  it could hypnotize a man onto his knees. Or woman, depending on how I felt.

"Who sent you? Who is your employer?" he questioned again, letting his fingers gently rub my smooth cheek.

I held my tongue and he let out an exasperated groan.

The man, the 'man I loved', he shook his head. "It didn't have to be this way, Dollface."

His overly-tanned hand picked up a scalpel and placed it against the base of my throat. "You got one more chance, or I start cutting into this pretty skin of yours." he warned.

"Aw, how tragic you have to kill me. Think of the children we could have made?" I taunted, knowing damn well he was unable to have kids.

The metal scalpel sliced into my skin, and I let out a small whimper in an attempt to keep quiet. "I'm not going to kill you, Sweetheart. I'm just going to leave a warning for the next guy you throw yourself at."

With that, he pressed the scalpel to the edge of my lips and began to cut toward my ear. When I failed to cry out, he dug deeper into my flesh and my echoed animalistic screams became unstoppable.

~°°°°°°°°~

"Look, Johnny, I'm not taking the job and that's final!" I growl at my partner. Well, he was more of a boss than a partner.

"I just don't see why you quit. You were the best of the best! This business is hard to manage when chicks like you keep hopping from field to field!" Johnny Johnson throws his hands into the air, dramatically hobbling over to the stained brown wooden desk that sat across from my twin desk. "I don't have any other job for you right now, girlie. Either take the job, or wait until a new one comes in."

I nod, not bothering to mention that I'd snuck a peek at the fliers piled up on his desk. He did have the kind of jobs I worked with, he just didn't want to give them to me.