Chapter 10

Right when I bought that perfect fairy dress that looked as if it came right out of a fairy-tale, my phone buzzed. I picked the call only to know that Estella woke up.

“Mama…” Her voice croaked and my heart shattered.

“Mama’s Life! You’re awake! We were just coming to show you the wonderful gown.” I tried to keep my voice as steady as possible.

“I’d be…. waiting, mama. Can you… also bring…my bouncy balls?” She spoke with heavy breaths in between ad if she’s having difficulty in breathing. I felt the warmth of water on my cheek.

“Don’t worry, my love. I’d bring all of your toys. Okay? Don’t talk, okay? I’d see you soon. Mama loves you, okay.”

“Estella loves you too.” She said and the call disconnected. Alex had already wrapped me in a hug.

“I’m ..okay.” I barely said and walked towards the exit.

“Wait for me in the car. I’d bring back the print outs.” Alex handed me the car keys and walked to get the print out from the shop. I merely nodded and sat in the car. After a few minutes, Alex came back and we drove home.

Alex took out the printed cards. They were a few cards with different colors that looked like a royal invitation. I opened the silver bottle of refined glitter and the glue tin. I painted the cover of the printed card with glue and then spilled the silver glitter all over it. After a while, I removed the extra glitter by tapping the card with the newspaper. I also added a few shining star, half moon, and other glittery stickers on the card. And after a while, it did pass as a royal invitation card.

I grabbed the card and the gown in one hand and took it to the car and asked Alex to bring Estella’s toy basket. We drove to the hospital and were over joyed to see Estella making conversation with a nurse.

“I’m not an angel. I’m a fairy!” Estella seemed better than she sounded on the phone.

“Of course you are, lovely.” The nurse giggled.

“Mom! Daddy!! You’re here! Can you tell this good nurse that I’m not an angel?” She seemed too excited to see us.

“Good nurse, our daughter is telling the truth. Look at this invitation card that she got.” Alex said in a serious tone and took out the invitation card from the white beautiful envelope.

“Oh my God! Show me! Show me!” Estella went ecstatic. Alex handed her the card.

Dear Estella Alexander! Congratulations! You have proven yourself to be better than a human. You are now equivalent to an angel or a fairy. So to protect a wonderful person like you from bad people, we have to permanently shift you to the most beautiful part of heaven with chocolate rivers and cotton candy clouds. In order to perform the ceremony, we have arranged a Royal ball for you in heaven.

We’ll present you in the next two months in front of all the angels and fairies of heaven. Your magical powers and the Princess tiara will be given to you right then at the end of the ceremony. Make sure to wear the beautiful ball gown and temporary tiara that fairies picked up for you. Spread joy till the end of your days on earth. Your grandma will be waiting for you on the other end. You’d be escorted by a white light and a special enforcement of angels. Until then, take good care of yourself.

--Yours ever loving,

God.

Estella squeaked at the end of the letter. Then realized something and looked at me sheepishly.

“Sorry mama. It is bad manner to shout but I was just too excited to see the letter from God Himself.”

“I know, sweety.” I hugged her so that she shouldn’t get hurt. I took out the fairy dress from the covering and saw Estella drop her jaw when she saw it.