Chapter 2 - Smells Like Teen Spirit

You had found yourself rambling on to Red, speaking of home, speaking of family, speaking about random things, it was obviously a one-sided conversation, but Red stared in curiosity, he knew something was off, but you seemed so casual about everything, it almost seemed an unlikely guess that anything was wrong at all. He didn't know why, but Red felt intrigued by not only what you were actually hiding, but you as a person, he questioned, what could you gain from keeping something a secret, a guilty pleasure? It seemed the most likely option, but he still never knew what, which only fuelled his curiosity and his need for more information. He paused when he realised you had stopped speaking, so he just gave you a blank stare, as he didn't know whether you asked a question, or you just had no more to say.

You chuckled at his confusion, you guessed he zoned out, you weren't talking of anything important, you just asked him if he was paying attention, but you guessed he didn't, seeing his furrowed brows. Along with little to no speech, he had very minimal expressions, you sometimes wondered if he even thought at all, though he had to, you grinned at that thought, shaking your head, which just confused Red even more. So you patted in on his shoulder, in a sincere way, however you felt Red's frame stiffen as you patted him, so you withdrew your hand, pushing yourself off his bed as you averted your gaze to the window, the stars were vivid, standing out from the inky blue sky.

"The stars look incredible tonight" You unconsciously blurted out, smirking at your random statement, as you glanced back at Red, who was now staring out the window, you took this chance to put your hand on his head, enjoying the soft and silky feeling on the palm of your hand. His head snapped to look at you as you did this, but made no retaliation, the once alarmed expression in his eyes softened to joy, though he didn't smile, he rarely did, so you never expected him to do so in the first place, however, what he did next, you never would've expected, he grabbed hold of the hem of the pyjama's you were wearing, internally you were scared stiff, doubts flooded your mind, however you kept a stoic expression, he then pulled you forward by your shirt, causing you to topple onto him, you didn't have time to regain your balance as you never expected it, and once you realised what was happening, it was too late, you lay on top of him, flustered, you froze, unsure what to make of the situation, so you stayed silent.

It was like that for a while, silent, before you regained your composure and tried to lift yourself off him, however he put a hand on your waist, it wasn't a harsh motion, however you couldn't help but wince at his touch, you could feel his cold fingers through the fabric of your t-shirt. Red then craned his head, burying it into your neck, it was all quite cute, until you felt his lips brush against your neck, sending a shiver down your spine and heat crawl up your neck, it was a tease, something you wanted more of, Red then softly bit and sucked at that one area of your neck undoubtedly leaving a mark behind, you let out a small hum, followed by a slight whine, as you clutched onto Red, you then felt him reach the hem of your shirt once again, as he began to lift it up, but before he could, you shot up, making sure he couldn't lift up your shirt anymore, you didn't want him to see, you never wanted anyone to see, it was a secret, your secret, yours and yours only.

Red's face was visibly filled with guilt but at the same time knowledge, he had a good idea of what you were hiding, you pushed yourself of the bed, you felt him gently hold your wrist, but you pulled away from his grasp, you didn't want to look at him, you didn't want to be in his room, so you quickly left, knowing Red wouldn't go after you, you shut yourself in the guest room, there wasn't a lock on the door, so sadly you couldn't lock yourself in there, so instead, you sat with your back against the door. You wanted to cry, but you couldn't, and for the first time, it felt like your world was crumbling around you, it was the first time you regretted cutting. But, you couldn't stop, reluctantly, you took the scissors out of your bag, wanting to create more incisions, and you did, until, the pain no longer appealed, you felt ill, you wanted to throw up, you didn't want to exist, so you let out a cracked sob, you were unaware of the fact Red could hear every sob, his heart ached, but he tried to block the sound out unwilling to listen for any longer.