C H A P T E R 3

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger then you seem, and smarter than you think.

Song: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

Read "The Contract" by blackxbelle and "Becoming Miss. Popular" by joline13__

**Andrea's POV**

On my way home in my car, my thoughts were all over the place. It moved from my bullies and why they bullied me to my mother and father to my crush on Nicklaus.

You may wonder; why do I have a crush on my bully? To answer that would be a problem because I don't have a reason to it. Nicklaus and I go way back like way way back. But that's a story for another day.

My phone rang and interrupted my thoughts. I check the screen to see it was my mother calling.

And as soon as I pick up...

***Andrea, honey, your dad and I have some good news to tell you. Do you think you can get home quickly?***

***Mother, I'm like three to four blocks away. Besides since you called, why don't you just tell me now?***

***No! You called me mother so that's your punishment. I thought I told you to call me mum. Mother makes me feel old. Just get home!***

As soon as I saw the water sprayers decorated with gnomes around them, I knew I was home. I just hope what mother tells me is anything but bad news. I'm really too stressed.

"What is he doing here? AH! What are they doing here?" This is not how I imagined The Michaelson's to look like. And to startle me that way?! What mind!

"Andrea. Act like a lady or else." My lovely mother whispers into my ears. Or well, tries to whisper.

"These are our guests for tonight. As you already know, the Michealson's and the Labonair's are partners. This is their son Nicklaus and he goes to your school. And by the way the two of you are looking at each other, I'm guessing you've already met?" My father says.

Well, this is going to be a long night.

"Dad, Mum, I'm going upstairs to change into something nice for this... dinner we're having. Is that ok?" I don't wait for them to respond as I run up the stairs to "change into something nice".

I loosen my hair and decide whether to keep them curled or to straighten it. I end up doing none and put it in a bun. I put on a little makeup with nude lipstick and head on to my dressing.

Should I wear my red lace-up dress or my nude body hug dress that shows my curves?

Nude body hug it is.

I walk out of my room and head downstairs knowing I wasn't overdressed.

Besides we never eat in and always go to expensive restaurants. Reason being that my mum can't cook to save her life.

I take a quick glance at Nicklaus and see that he was already looking at me.

Probably wondering how I got all those curves in. He looks away and clears his throat.

My father decides to speak after an awkward long silence.

"Andrea, Nicklaus, you may be wondering why we told you two to come for a business dinner when we could have just done it by ourselves. Well, the answer to that is simple. I'll start from the basics." He takes a break to take another forkful of his food and swallow. I, on the other hand, look at Nick and then my mother. She looks away.