C H A P T E R 1

You're a mess, I confess, I despise you in the best kind of way

Song: Teenage Dream by Boyce Avenue

**Andrea's POV**

BRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNG!! That stupid alarm won't ever let me enjoy my sleep. It wasn't weird talking to my alarm that way was it? Oh shut up! We all do it. I would hit you if you weren't so far away. I think I need some Nutella. But first let me tell you a funny story...

----

I was once again woken up by my alarm and hit with a sudden remembrance that today was Monday. If it weren't for the amount of work I put into my studies to get into Oxford, trust me, I wouldn't even try to get my ass off of this bed. I walk into the bathroom and do all my bathroom-y things.

Once done, I make sure to do a little something to my always messy hair. I successfully end up with a French plait and spray a little strawberry scented hair-spray on it.

It takes me hours to find what to wear, but I eventually wear a black pencil skirt with a peach crop top and a black flannel shirt tied around my waist, I finish the look with my newly bought pumas. I go to my wall mirror to check out my look.

All this won't matter at the end of the day because unfortunately for me, I'm the chosen one. You may seem confused now but you'll find out soon enough.

Once I reach the almighty building called Wavlon High, I instantly regret pulling my ass off my bed. It brings back too many terrible memories of which need to be forgotten.

I immediately remember that I need to go to the office to check my class schedule on what I'd be having. The smart me would have remembered to knot my laces, but the clumsy me as always, had forgotten. The last thing I need is an audience.

"Hey, guys! Look what the janitor dragged in. Andrea decided to use her face to good use and mop our floors."

Queue the laughter.

Just great!

"Oh! Shut up Annaleise." Oh oh! Stupid, stupid Andrea, Stupid!

"What. Did. You. Say? Last time I checked, you were stuck in the hoop of the basketball net to even talk back. Looks like the holidays gave you some balls, nerd. Talk again, and you'll bleed."

Not like I haven't heard that before. Is it so hard to just get to class?!

"I'm sorry Annaleise. It won't happen again. Excuse me."

Way to start a school day.

Did I mention that I hate Mondays?

My life is nothing but hell on wheels. Today should just be over with. I need a bowl of Oreos and Nutella after this hectic beginning.

The funny part is that the she-witch still won't let me leave after I just tried so hard to apologize.

Sorry just isn't in their vocabulary any longer. God!

"Tut tut... Not so fast Andrea. You're gonna do yourself a big favour and take care of the lockers. Joshie?" She calls a jock our way. "Could you help me put this thing, into the locker for me? And make sure to close it tight."