9/5/17

She quickened her pace as the dull building came to view. The cold wind that was whipping against Juliana's skin stopped as she stepped in, the door closing behind her. Upon her arrival the woman at the front desk looked up from what she was reading. Dropping her material, "Hi, what can I help you with?"

"I'm looking for Nelson Winnie, tell him it's Juliana from high school,"

The woman nodded and sped off to what she assumed was his office. Not long after, he came out with a smile on his face and arms spread for a hug, Juliana ran into his arms on impulse. This was the man that helped her through all of high school and the baggage that came along with it.

She was pulled out of her nostalgic trance after remembering why she was here in the first place. "Are you busy? I really need to talk to you, it's important." She discretely turn her head, making sure no one had followed her. His face morphed from one expression to the other and they can both feel the tension in the air thicken.

Making it to his office, Juliana closed the door behind her. "Please take a seat." he sat in his big office chair. She placed my bag on her lap as she sat down, breathing heavily the air started to thicken. The tension in the room was evident as he tried to figure out what was wrong.

Reaching into her little brown bag, she pulled out the letters. Tears were already welling up in her dark brown eyes as Nelson reached out to grab them, he opened the tan brown wrapping paper to find a stack of letters. His face was blank as he read them not giving away any clue of what he was feeling. Her heart clenched as he dropped the letters angrily. "Why?" Juliana's face hangs down, hands in her lap. He furrowed his eyebrows at her, she wanted to know why and he had no idea how to answer her.

"Just because I'm his twin brother doesn't mean I can read his mind, Juliana."

She was worried about the safety of the people she loves. They both sat in silence, both trying to figure out why he sent them. More tears flowed down her cheeks, shoulders shaking.

"These were sent to me yesterday. Nicolaus knows where I live, he knows where my baby and husband lives."

Nelson looked shocked, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "I come in contact with a lot of these crazy stalkers when I'm on the job, but never would I have thought it would be my own brother," he shook his head, muttering incoherent words to himself. With her eyes shut she clenches her fists clenched with fear.

"He's absolutely infatuated with you, Juliana."