Darlin' (Jeffmads) (Modern, Soulmate AU)

Hey lovelies,

So this is the soulmate AU where if you do anything to your body on the surface of your skin, it shows up on your soulmate too.

This chapter does mention self harm! If you are triggered by it, please stop reading! I do not want any of you amazing people hurting yourselves. If you feel like you do need to however, please let me know.

Love to all. <3

Sincerely,
M.D

Thomas laid back on the bed, scrolling through his Twitter feed. Aaron was sitting at the desk, typing away on his laptop.

Neither of the two planned on talking to each other. They were friends, yes, but friends to the point where they didn't need to interact to have a good time. Them hanging out mostly consisted of Thomas on Twitter and Aaron watching the news or doing work.

It was Thomas' house that they were hanging out at today. The smell of Mac 'n' Cheese was strong in the air, as well as expensive cologne. The scents somehow mixed together and made something nice. Thomas' room was pretty tidy, besides the desk, in which had papers and other miscallenous objects littered across it.

A full wall to wall cupboard took up on side of the room. His desk and the head of his bed were next to it. Alongside the bed was a window, the blinds and curtains shut. The door on the last wall, the door was placed in the middle of nowhere, leaving a space for a bookshelf to sit at the foot of the bed. A dresser sat on the other side of the door.

Everything was different shades of purple. The cupboards were violet, the desk and matching bookcase almost black, the walls mauve, bed quilt and pillows magenta, the sheets underneath a light purple. A fluffy rug went from the desk to the bed. It was a rich shade.

The faint patter of rain echoed on the tin roof of the living room downstairs. Thomas had heard his parents saying that this house had originally been a share house when they bought it, so one of the living rooms, the study, the patio and the upstairs were extensions. Every door had a lock and key.

The house was large, with fancy lights in each room. The kitchen was modern, white with grey splash backs. There were two living rooms, a dining room, a laundry and four bedrooms.

Thomas felt a sharp pain in his arm. He looked down to see a large cut across the soft flesh if his inner arm. Blood spilt out. Another cut appeared. One after the other, all the way up to his elbow. Aaron had noticed and was downstairs getting bandages and some cloth.

Tears pricked Thomas' eyes as his other arm got cut. Aaron ran in, then began gently wiping the blood off. The cutting had stopped.

The blood dripped off, seeping into the bed quilt.

"Jesus Christ! Both arms, elbow to elbow?" Aaron muttered under his breath, shaking his head. He stopped wiping for a second, grabbing a pen off the desk and handing it to Thomas. "Tell them to calm down."

Thomas shakily put the pen to his leg, then began writing.

Hey darlin whats up
Everyone hates me
I dont love
Youve never met me
I dont have to. If you wanna hurt yourself tell me first alright
Whatever
Draw on yourself instead
Fine
(:

Thomas watched as swirls and patterns appeared on his arms. He smiled, tracing his fingers over them.

He didn't particularly notice the blood now, and Aaron had left the room to give him privacy.

Maybe this was the beginning of loving his soulmate.

* * *

James wrapped the wet, blood soaked blanket tighter around his body. The duct sent warm air up into his little tent, heating it nicely. James reveled in it. (I was legit doing this while writing this paragraph). He dragged the tip of the pen across his skin, drawing around the conversation between him and his loving soulmate. 

He smiled softly, reading the conversation for the tenth time.

He was currently at his mom's apartment. His parents had divorced a few years ago, but James could stay with whoever he wanted, as he was over sixteen. He spent most of his time with his mother, as the time he spent with his father was time spent in fear.

He had scars on his chest, nail marks, knives, razors and other things not worth mentioning. Black, aching splotches decorated his dark skin, disrupting the clear shade. He hadn't worried about bandaging his arms. Who cared if they got infected and he was hospitalised? He sure didn't. Maybe his soulmate would... No.

No one cares about James Madison.

He looked at what he had absentmindedly drawn on his arm. He gasped horrified to find that he had written exactly that on his arm.

No one cares about James Madison.

He tried to scribble it out, but his soulmate had already started writing a response.

Thats a nice name

James stared at the response, eyebrows creased. His face heated up.

My names Thomas Jefferson. Im an 18 year old. He/him pronouns. You?

17 turning 18 in a few months. He/him.

Cool. Well Im gonna sleep. You should do the same darlin <3

Ok

Love ya!

James shook his head, deciding it was best to not respond. He did decide, however, that Thomas' advice on getting sleep was reasonable. He closed his eyes, allowing darkness to take over his mind.

Someone cares about James Madison.