Can Sing ✔

The date ended and so did the last day of their contract. Damarion felt something heavy hit his heart. It was five minutes left before the clock struck twelve.

"I feel like the Prince in Cinderella right now." He confessed.

Willow laughed at his comparison. 

"I am not running away I am just becoming worthy of wearing the glass shoes."

"Who says you are not worthy? Two years is too long Willow."

"You already knew when you chose me Damarion,your family will never accept me."

"Who cares, I accept you." He was getting agitated at Willow now for not understanding his heart.

"I do. I know you accept me for who I am but Eva was right, I will always be belittled if I step in your world. And I don't want the person I love to feel embarrassed because of me.It is like a child feels for it parents Damarion. Even though parents love you for whoever you are but you still strive hard to make them proud, don't you."

It started making sense to Damarion. Just like he didn't care about her shortcomings, she was working hard to make him proud.

"Person you love?" He teased feeling happy all of a sudden.

"From all that meaning full chat you heard only this?" Willow chuckled.

"I will die in boredom without you so please come fast." Damarion lightly kissed the back of her hand.

"I have a parting gift for you." She said with a said smile.

"Me too."

"You first." Willow urged slightly nervous.

"No, I am a Prince Willow so ladies first."

She shook her head in amusement but decided to take the first chance nevertheless.

"Here goes nothing." She sighed and gave him a nervous smile.

And Damarion was left awestruck as she started singing in a beautiful soothing voice.It the silence of night her voice even without the music was melodious. She avoided an eye contact probably embarrassed at her attempt but for Damarion it was wonderful and he felt himself falling deeper for her.

As she finished singing, she looked at him for some reaction.

Damarion just came forward and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"You can sing." He said finally.

She shrugged now blushing.

"Well, atleast you satisfy one point on the list." He said grinning in utter delight.

"Stop staring so intensely now Prince and it is your turn to give the prize." She said still not meeting his eyes.

"My father always wanted a daughter who can sing for him since his mother used to sing for him before sleep. But Eva is a really bad singer so I think my father is going to be happy with you." Damarion felt some kind of victory in this.

It was like his mom against the rest of the family. And he felt like he had a winning chance.

"My gift is not as wonderful but it a promise." He said and pulled out a simple silver ring from his pocket.

Willow audibly gasped.

"Damarion." She said not sure what the ring meant.

"It's just a promise Willow that I will wait for you no matter how long it takes and that you are mine now." He said with a sly smirk.

"Do we break up now?" Willow laughed as she realised it was way past twelve.

"Never." He said and cupped her cheeks in his hand pulling her in for a kiss.

-------------------------------

This ends the first half of the story :D

Next half will be a a time leap ;)

Few more chapters left since this is a short story (remember xD)

Yes,she fits one thing on the list but she is not going to change completely. Get ready for part two ;)

Because I hate when character lose their essence because of someone :D