Chapter 3

“No matter what these people say about me, my music doesn't glorify any image. My music is spiritual when you listen to it. It's all about emotion, I tell my innermost, darkest secrets.”  

“I believe that everything that you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer from it. But in my mind, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven”  

“Fear is stronger than love, remember that. Fear is stronger than love, all that love I gave didn't mean nothing when it came to fear.”  

“All I’m trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me.”  

“we wouldn't ask why a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals, in turn, we would all celebrate its tenacity, we would all love its will to reach the sun, well, we are the roses, this is the concrete and these are my damaged petals, dont ask me why, thank god, and ask me how”  

“There should be a class on sex

education, a real sex-education class.

There should be a class on police brutality. There should be a class on apartheid. There should be a class

on why people are hungry. But there are not. There are classes on gym. Physical education. Let's learn volleyball.”  

“Is it a crime to fight for what is mine?”  

“I'd rather die like a man, than live like a coward”  

“For every dark night, there's a brighter day.”  

“Only God can judge me.”  

“Sometimes when I'm alone

I Cry,

Cause I am on my own.

The tears I cry are bitter and warm.

They flow with life but take no form

I Cry because my heart is torn.

I find it difficult to carry on.

If I had an ear to confide in,

I would cry among my treasured friend,

but who do you know that stops that long,

to help another carry on.

The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.

Then to stop and see what makes one cry,

so painful and sad.

And sometimes...

I Cry

and no one cares about why.”  

“I don’t see myself being special; I just see myself having more responsibilities than the next man. People look to me to do things for them, to have answers.”  

“I don't understand how people can

stand next to you one year,and next year, they cannot. They're going crazy, screaming. They can't take it that you're there. But last year I was in the same club,walking around,lonely like a motherfucker. Couldn't get a date or a dance. I was too skinny, too something,

and now, "He's just adorable. He's just, oh!”  

“Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice

I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots”  

“I think I'm a natural-born leader. I know how to bow down to authority if it's authority that I respect.”  

“It takes skill to be real. Time to heal each other”   

“My biggest fear of death is to come back reincarnated”  

“It don't stop 'til the casket drop.”  

 “Everybody against me. Why? Why me? I have not brought violence to you. I have not brought Thug Life to America. I didn't create Thug Life. I diagnosed it.”

“You gotta make a change. Its time for us as a people to start making some changes, lets change the way we eat, lets change the way we live, and lets change the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working so its on us, to do what we gotta do to survive.”  

“And did you ever stop to think that im old enough to go to war but i aint old enough to drink.”  

“The american dream wasn't meant for me, cause lady liberty's a hypocrite she lied to me, promised me freedom,education, and equality never gave me nothing but slavery but now look at how dangerous you made me callin me a mad man because im strong and bold.”  

“Even the genius ask questions.”  

“You know it's funny, when it rains it pours

they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.”  

“As wars come and go, my soldier stays eternal”  

“How could Reagan live in a White

House, which has a lot of rooms,and there be homelessness? And he's talking about helping. I don't believe that there is anyone that is going hungry in America simply by reason of denial or lack of ability to feed them. It is by people not knowing where or how to get this help. Why can't he take people off the street and put them in his White House? Then he'll have people from the streets to help him with his ideas. Not helpless! Homeless! Not helpless They haven't been homeless forever.They've done things in society.The White House would be tainted because he doesn't want to get dirty.”  

“I am a hard person to love but when I love, I love really hard.”  

“Niggers was the ones on the rope,

hanging off the thing. Niggas is the ones with gold ropes,hanging out at clubs.”  

“Now ain't nobody tell us it would be fair no love for my father cause the coward wasn't their"