CHAPTER 6 Pt 2

This whack job seriously needed to be committed. Wishing death on me was one thing, but to wish it on innocent children was another thing entirely. 

"No Karen, it was all an accident." I replied as I attempted to fight back the tears; wondering how she could be so cruel.  

"Who do you think was driving the fucking truck Claire?" the smile that began to tug at the corner of her lips finally allowed me to see the truth. She was taking pleasure in all of my pain.  

I attempted to get up, but she pointed the gun directly at my temple, forcing me to sit back down again. 

"How could you?...." I began 

"You were supposed to die that night, not them!" I looked away because deep down I knew that it was true. It really should have been me. "You know you really should have listened to your mother." She stated. "Maybe then you wouldn't be in any of this mess." She said in a matter of fact tone. 

"My mother; what does she have to do with this?" I asked  

"She was very perceptive. Too perceptive, and that's why I had to get rid of her." She told me as she shook her head in mild regret. "Who am I kidding? I enjoyed every minute of it. It would've been nice to make her suffer a lot more though." She laughed. I jerked my head up in her direction. 

"What do you mean you got rid of her?" I asked in confusion. 

"Exactly what I just said." She replied. "I have to admit, it was a little hard because you were always around. Always the doting daughter." She said, making gagging sounds. "You bitches made me sick!" she spat. 

"You're lying." I said, trying to convince myself that this was all some sort of bad dream. "Even you couldn't be so evil." I cried. 

This all had to be some sort of nightmare. There was no way that she could have done all of the things that she claimed to have done. I closed my eyes and lowered my head into my hands. At any moment now I was going to wake up, in the arms of my husband.  

My children were going to be safe in their beds, and my mother was going to be calling me about some random thing. But, when I lifted my head and opened my eyes there was only Karen. I could feel the hatred radiating from her in strong waves. She then proceeded to tell me how she killed my mother. 

"That night I slipped a little something in your tea so that you would fall asleep. Once you were out of the way I injected her, and watched as the old battle ax fought to draw her last breath." She said proudly. "To think, you never even moved a muscle as your mommy lay dying right beside you. Some daughter you turned out to be." She laughed. 

"Why are you telling me all of this? Why didn't you just kill me and get it over with?" I asked her. 

"Because I had to make you suffer first. I needed to see the look on your face when you finally realized that it was me who had single handedly destroyed you." She marveled in the fact of what she had done. "I've taken everything you loved away from you, just like you and that slut of a mother did to me." She bellowed. I could only stare at her in disbelief.  

"What did we ever do to deserve any of this?" I begged. I watched in horror as her face contorted into a monstrous scowl. 

"You were born Claire! Before that whore you called a mother came along we had the perfect family." She cried out obviously frustrated. "I've hated you since birth. Every single time that I was in your presence I felt physically ill, but I had to pretend so that I could get my revenge, and how sweet it is." She said, taunting me with everything that she had done. 

Daddy issues; this person was on a one woman mission to destroy my life and everyone in it because of our deadbeat father? He had abandoned us over 20 years ago. He just left one day, never to return and I haven't heard a peep from him since.