Chapter 1: An Important Job

"Twilight? I got a letter from Cadence!" Spike's voice called from the room next door. Twilight Sparkle squeed in happy anticipation, and ditched her project of reshelving her books. "It's been such a long time since I've gotten a letter!" she said, trotting up to a table. She took the letter from Spike with her magic and unrolled it.

Dearest Twilight,

Shining and I have some royal business that we must attend to in Las Pegasus. After careful consideration, we would like you to lead the Crystal Empire for a weekend. Sorry for the late notice, but we're leaving tonight. I'll need you there tomorrow.

I know you won't let me down.

Cadence

"TOMORROW?!?" Twilight yelled, causing Spike to drop the books he had been carrying. She levitated them back into his arms with her magic in apologetic silence. "An entire EMPIRE!? But... Princess Cadence needs me. I have to help my friend... Ohmygosh though, an entire empire!"

Twilight quickly pulled out a sheet of paper and scribbled a note to Cadence. Of course she would go! But, she needed to know every last detail. What was expected of her? What would she need? And most importantly, where was the cookie jar in the royal kitchen?

"Spike, return this to Cadence. I need to go lie down and process this..." Twilight handed him the letter and walked upstairs to her bedroom. She pulled open her bureau and started to pack. This was going to be an interesting trip.

********

Author's Note:

Short chapter! Maybe I should consider this the prologue. Well, we will start to see that romance in the next chapter :3

Cya then!

~PegasiPen