The Spell to Save him

Star sat outside the Emergency Room in sullen silence. All around her doctors and nurses were rushing around, but she couldn't hear any of them. A few seats away from her were Mr. And Mrs. Diaz, holding each other in their arms.

"Star! Where's Marco?" Jackie ran to her side.

"He's still inside the ER," Star mumbled.

"Oh my god," Jackie cried, tears dripping down her cheeks.

The driver had admitted he wasn't paying attention to the road until it was too late. He was promptly arrested and agreed to help pay for Marco's hospital bills.

"Are you all here for Marco Diaz?" a nurse approached all of us.

"Yes, is my son okay?" Mrs. Diaz asked.

"His ribs have been shattered. The broken pieces have punctured his heart and lungs, causing a lot of internal bleeding. His head received a lot of trauma on impact, the brain is badly damaged. It's possible he may have amnesia if he ever wakes up. We've managed to stabilize his pulse, but it's not long until he goes into critical condition again," the nurse bit her lip, averting her gaze from the sobbing Diazes.

"What can save him?" Jackie asked.

"Surgery. But it's risky. The bones have been shattered so much that it will take over 18 hours to remove all the shards," the nurse explained. "For now, you all can go in and see him. He's still unconscious though."

Jackie and Marco's parents rushed inside, but Star stayed where she was.

"Aren't you going to see your friend?" the nurse asked.

"No. I'm okay out here," Star mumbled, tightening the grip on her wrist.

The nurse opened her mouth to speak but quickly shut it. She then returned to the ER, leaving Star alone.

"He's on the brink of death, huh?" Star asked herself. When the ER door swung open again, Star caught a glance at Marco on the gurney, with Jackie at his side.

Star ripped her eyes away and began walking towards the hospital exit.

She entered the Diaz household and slammed the door behind her, letting the sound resonate within the house. She made her way up the empty house, opening the door to her room.

"Glossaryck? Are you there?" Star called out.

"What's up, princess?" Glossaryck emerged from the magic spell book eating a cup of pudding.

"Tell me, are there any spells to save a life?" Star approached the open book, falling on her knees once reaching it.

"Why?" Glossaryck's expression darkened as he stopped eating.

"Answer me Glossaryck!" Star yelled, locking eyes with the spirit. Glossaryck flinched at her expression. Star had tears in her eyes, and her eyebrows were furrowed. Her irises seemed to glow in anger.

After a long moment of silence between the two, Glossaryck shook his head.

"What... that can't be." Star shut her eyes and did her best to stop the tears.

"I'm sorry, but no such magic has been cast. It's far too dangerous to try," Glossaryck grimaced.

"What about a spell to go back in time?" Star realized.

"I mean there's something like that, but..." Glossaryck's voice trailed off.

"Where is it?" Star flipped through the book, looking desperately.

"It's in Eclipsa's chapter." Star froze when she heard that name.

Eclipsa, Star's ninth-great grandmother. Known to be one of the most powerful queens of the Butterfly family, she ended up marrying a monster and fled away from Mewnie with him. Currently, she was locked in Rhombulus' crystal dungeon. She was said to be evil and a monster herself.