not at my best

07h35 in the morning and I was already up. I mean, I was awake.

This was my biggest nightmare - waking up so early just to go to a place where I didn't find any comfort, had to deal with people I didn't connect to and a place where I didn't feel free to be myself. BIGGEST NIGHTMARE E-VER!

I waited until 07h40 just looking up at the little stars I had glued on my bedroom's ceiling when I was ten just thinking about how much I enjoyed the summer vacation - which meant sleeping until 2 pm and watching scary movies all day or staying the whole day messing around town and eating ice cream until 2 am.

All of this nostalgic feeling ended with me re-thinking that this really was the first day of school. And I wasn't even in school! All of this thinking had made me slightly depressed, to be honest.

Really... what happened to that time when I genuinely liked and enjoyed school? Or when the first day of school was as excited as Christmas?

Okay, not really, I exaggerated. There's nothing - NOTHING - better than Christmas in my house. Christmas is the meaning of my mother going crazy with the family credit card, my godmother filling a whole table of bakery and sweets and all of my family together. Isn't it beautiful? Any child's dream... God, how I loved Christmas.

Fantastic, and, now, I'm depressed because there's four months until next Christmas!

I screamed into my pillow before I got up.

It was better wasting my time on getting ready instead of busing my mind with sad thoughts.

And that's exactly what I did. I got up, did my personal hygiene, did some peachy hard makeup, so I could bust myself with blended eyeshadow instead, and got dressed and undressed like 5 time until I chose some denim shorts and the biggest and largest white tee I could find - nothing out of my routine.

"Good morning." My mom said just as I came trough the kitchen door where I could find my sister with a scroll that matched mine.

I laughed a little bit with my thoughts as I sat beside Emily on the kitchen island asking my mother to serve me some coffee. I watched my mom while she made the coffee.

"In a very good mood my little sisters, I see, as usual." That was the first thing my annoying older brother said before joining my mother in a happy conversation that only morning people could have. 

I wasn't the biggest morning person ever, and the fact that today was the first day of school didn't help, so, any excessive comment was pissing me off, specially if it came from my brother.

I knew he was only feeding his religious hobby of pressing my buttons and pissing me off, but I was still feeling like killing him - I could easily get up and hit him, but I didn't.

"Em." I said as I finished my luke warm coffee.

"Hmmmmm." She said buffing the sound because her head was in between her crossed arms on the counter.

"It's time to go to school." I ran a hand trough my hair while she moaned.

And that's why I love my sister.

"I don't miss hearing you said that, sis. " I laughed with her comment as we left the house.

"And you thing I do?!" I said looking into her blue eyes.