Chapter 1

Sorry if I have any grammar mistakes, or any mistakes at all. I'm a newbie to and I really hope that this will work out! I was mesmerized by this book when we read it in school the past year, and mesmerized by Dallas Winston and his emotions.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Outsiders in any way, because if I did Dally and Johnny would not have... *Sniffle sniffle*

This fanfiction takes place in a present day/1965 mixture dimension. Oh by the way, Marceline is pronounced lean as in leaning on a tree, not line as in the line of people, and her appearance is based off of Taylor Swift.

-

Looking at my own reflection in the mirror, I couldn't believe that I was moving back to Tulsa, Oklahoma. I had lived there all my life up until when I turned 13 four years ago and my parents sent me to live with my grandparents in Florida in order to tend to their own busy shedules. Last month, both of my grandparents passed away, so it was decided that I was to go back to Tulsa and live with my parents.

I took another deep breath as I straightened out my attire and examined my makeup. I had on a simple white summer dress with floral patterns on the bottom half, topped off with a brown belt. I had mascara and some eye liner on. I concealed all my blemishes then put on light pink blush on my cheeks and some boldly red lipstick. I tucked one side of my soft blonde hair behind my ear and picked up my messenger bag, ready to go to the airport.

The three-hour ride went by with me listening to music on my phone and taking a nap that lasted about half the ride. I walked into the airport lobby to see Ethan Ross, my adoptive brother and babysitter from four years ago, waving a sign that read:

Marceline Ross from Miami, Florida.

I'VE MISSED YOU, BABY GIRL.

I chuckled a little and walked over to Ethan, who led me to the black BMW parked in the parking lot after giving me a very tight hug. "Can I drive?" I asked, for driving that car had always been my wish before I moved away and got my probationary license.

"Sorry to disappoint, Marcy, but dad specifically instructed me not to let you drive home." I've known Ethan for practically all my life. If I remember correctly, Ethan should be about 23 years old now. He was adopted by my family after his parents, my god-parents, were killed in a car accident. He was the only one to survive in that crash and since not one of his relatives wanted to take him in, my parents did. "You can drive to other places once we get back and get settled." He said, focusing on the road once again.

The resplendent sun shined brightly upon the road and blinded my deep, blue eyes. I pulled out a pair of sunglasses from my purse and put my arm out the window. The wind carried my hair behind and flew past the open palm of my hands. The corner of my lips tugged upwards and I could almost taste the sweet aroma coming from the bakery. 

After about some forty-five minutes, Ethan and I were dragging all of my stuff into my old bedroom. I smiled at the fact that nothing about the room has changed. The walls were still baby blue and everything was still in the place that I left it in. "I specifically told the maids not to move anything while they were dusting because I knew you never liked having people touch your stuff."

"Thanks, Ethan." I smiled.

With the help of some of the maids and Ethan, I got settled pretty quickly. Soon enough, I was driving around town when suddenly, a particular group of guys popped into my mind. I wonder if they're still there. The tires on the black BMW screeched as I made an abrupt turn towards the other side of town, where the so-called "Greasers" lived. I made another turn, hoping that I was going the right way.