Chapter 2

(A/N: THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE EVER DONE! :O hope you enjoy :) xx)

The day went by quickly and at lunch I got many 'Happy Birthday's'. I don't know how people knew it was my birthday, I didn't really tell anyone. 

I was looking forward to tonight, though. I didn't want Alice to make a big fuss, but whatever kept her happy. I haven't seen Esme in ages either. 

Edward had been acting strange lately, he was almost distant. He wasn't as talkative or something, it was weird. 

 I was driving home to get ready and I thought of the first proper date Edward took me on.

***date***

Edward told me to dress nice so naturally Alice had another game of Barbie Bella.I didn't mind though, she was good at what she does and plus I don't like to argue with Alice, no one does. 

She put me in a simple white, flowy, halter dress, with a 3 row crystal belt around my waist. I wore sparkly silver pumps, Alice said it would be a bad idea to wear heels. She added diamond jewelery and she left my hair down naturally. She didn't put on much make up on me saying I didn't need it. That I argued about that with her, but as usual she got her way only adding lip gloss and the tiniest bit of mascara and eyeliner.

Edward picked me up and drove me to a path in the woods.

I asked where we were going but he said it was a surprise. He scooped me up in his arms and started running. I let out a little squeal and buried my face into his shoulder

School had finished for summer so the weather wasn't as bad as usual, but still chilly. I had regretted not bringing a cardigan. When Edward stopped, I looked up to see we were a few feet away from a meadow. he put me down but held me for a few seconds making sure I was steady. 

"Bella, you now my family can't go out in sun, and I felt it was time you should know why", He said swiftly unbuttoning his shirt with the flick of his hand. He stepped towards the sun infested meadow, pausing before stepping in and turning round the face me. 

I gasped as I saw the sunlight reflecting of his sin like a thousand tiny crystals.

"It's so beautiful", I said in awe.

"It's not beautiful, its the sin of a monster Bella", He said spitefully.

I hate how he thought lie that. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him.

"your not a monster, your the most kind, caring, generous and compassionate person I know, and that's why I love you", I said softly. 

"I love you too Bells, but i'm still a monster.", He said smiling down at me.

I sighed, I knew not to argue with him on something like this, I would never win. 

"Well, monster or not your still my boyfriend, my sparkly boyfriend", I said giggling.

He laughed, "Yes Bella, i'm your sparkly boyfriend".

He had a picnic set up with fairy lights placed around the meadow. It had been the perfect date.

**end of date***

I laughed remembering me calling him 'my sparkly boyfriend'. 

I pulled up at my house still laughing, if anyone saw they would think I was a crazy person laughing to myself in my car. 

I walked in and checked the clock in the hall. It read 4:10, which gave me plenty of time to get ready. 

I went up to my room and did the homework the evil people we like to call "teachers" had assigned me for tonight. I also went for a shower and blow dried and straightened my hair.