The Terrorist

I am Uri. I was born on May 9th, 1991. And I am about to die.

It all started when I joined the rebellion against the government back in 2010. It was a very legitimate effort, at first, and we managed to secure a few cities in the easternmost regions of the country, near Alaska... And then they began to fight back. We held out for a long time, holding our own against the largely Superior force. We held out to the very end, finding ourselves in a holding position of the city of Vladivostok. I was assigned to a small office building near the center of town as my position. The only thing keeping them from bombing the hell out of that place, four government officials holed up in the conference room.

And there I was, holed up right there with them, a compact pistol in one hand, a knife in the other. Everyone was dead. I took a quick glance at the hostages, and then got up from my corner. I ran around the room, cautiously awaiting my doom. I then darted over to the supply closet. The doors were open, and I quickly spotted a soldier walking into the room. I pulled the trigger multiple times, then stared at the lifeless corpse in front of me. He was using a .12-Gauge Shotgun. I reloaded the pistol, then picked up the shotgun. It was fully loaded. I snagged his pack of ammo, then turned around to see another soldier walking into the conference room where the hostages were hidden. I shot twice, and two bodies fell to the ground. As I examined my surroundings, though, I noticed the hostages were gone.

I quickly reloaded my shotgun, then sprinted around to the hallway entrance. I fired a shot into the doorway, and two of the government officials fell. The other two were escaping. I doubled back, and went towards the bathrooms. I saw the other two hostages escaping, but they were the least of my priorities. Unarmed, they were no threat to me. I heard a gunshot ring out as I sidestepped to the other hallway. I instantly turned around to the stairs, the back entrance to the office. I cautiously ran out, shotgun in hand, my one goal to kill the last soldier before the hostages got to the car. He outran me. The officials fled into the distance, a small car carrying them away. Then I began to hear the planes. I immediately ran for the garage door, grabbing an improvised explosive device on my way out.

I cannot forget the sight of watching those bombs fall upon our city. They fell many and unmercifully. I went straight for the port, our evacuation point in the event of a failed defense. I darted around the parking lot, looking for a vehicle to hijack, but they were all gone. The bombing run stopped, and eventually the soldiers began to land in their helicopters. They were too late. The IED was already planted within the refinery, and I was making my retreat. I was fleeing to the dock, where I would find a small boat and make my escape.

Sprinting down the road, I saw a squad of soldiers approaching the IED. I fired off the last two shots with the shotgun, and then dropped it, relying on my pistol for my defense. The bomb detonated, and I jumped into the ice water. The oil pipes leading into the refinery detonated just as well as the tanks, and soon the city was no more. And I swam.