Chapter 3

I walk into a living room with a connected kitchen and dinning room. On the living room was two black leather chairs and a black leather couch. There was a glass coffee table. The was a flat screen tv hanging on the wall. The kitchen was decent size. There was an island, which I loved. The dining room just had a few bookshelves, a table, and four chairs. A chandelier hung over the table, lighting up most of the room. I saw a sliding glass door leading to a balcony, which overlooked the city, which was lit up like a Christmas tree.
"Goodnight and we will see you in the morning," Sammy says and leaves, closing the door behind her. I sit down in a chair and turn the tv on. Instead I don't pay it any attention. Instead, I just stare at the mark on my wrist. Wind blowing fire. I think hard on what animal could be related to this mark. Nothing came to mind. I sigh in frustration as I finally pay attention to the tv, which was playing American Pickers.
-
I wake up in the morning on the couch to find the tv still on, now playing Pawn Stars. I sigh as I turn it off and comb through my hair with a comb I found in the bathroom. I quickly eat and leave the apartment and head downstairs. Drake was sitting on the couch watching tv while Sammy and Kyle make out in a corner. I sit down in a chair in the living room. Drake looks over at me.
"We will leave soon to go get the rest of your stuff from your house," he says. I nod in silence. I was still pretty nervous about moving here with people I dont know.
"I'm here," a voice says, "the party has just started!" I turn around to see a man with messy black hair and brown eyes wearing a t-shirt that says 'I Run With The Wolves', a pair of jeans with holes, and worn out sneakers. I take a step away from him and listen to the conversation.
"Hey, Josh," Kyle says, high fiving the kid, Josh, "where have you been? Haven't seen you around in a few days,"
"Oh, you know," Josh says, "just runnng with the wolves," he then notices me. He grins as he studies me from head to toe.
"A new one," he says and walks over and puts his arm around my shoulders and walks me towards the others, "have you found out what your animal is?" I shake my head.
"Oh," he says, "well, if you haven't guessed yet, mine is a wolf,"
"Josh," Drake says, "stop trying to flirt with the girl, she only just got here," Josh smiles.
"So do you turn into a wolf by jumping up into the air as human and landing on the ground as a wolf like in Twilight?" I asked curiously. Josh laughs and so does the others.
"No," Josh says, his arm still around my shoulders, "that's the weirdest way to turn ever. They think its epic, but its weird. I mean seriously, when they go back into human form, they have no shirts on but they do have underwear and shorts on for pete's sake," I smile nervously.
"So, let's see your marks," Josh says and grabs my wrist before I could object, "fire and wind. Hmm, no idea,"
"Josh, we can't help her figure out her animal," Sammy says accusingly, "if we do, then she won't be able to shift into it,"
"Alright, alright," he says, "I'll let her figure it out on her own then," I sigh in relief when he walks away, removing his arm from around my shoulders. I hug myself as they continue to talk. I feel out of place so I decide to eat a yogurt instead. I open the fridge and look inside. Orange juice. Apples. Juice boxes. But no yogurt.
"Need help?" a voice says from behind me. I turn around to see Josh standing there, a smirk on his face. I turn back to the fridge and take one last qick look for the yogurt before answering.
"Uhm, yeah," I say nervously, "where is the yogurt?" Josh smiles.
"We don't have any yogurt," he says, "most of us don't like it," I nod and look back into the fridge, trying to find something else. I spot a steak and smile.
"Could I posssibly have that steak?" I ask cautiously, "unless it is someone elses..." Josh shakes his head.
"It is no ones," he says, "go ahead. Do you know how to grill it?" I shake my head and he holds his hand out to me, "I'll help you out," I give him the steak almost reluctantly and follow him out back, where there is a huge, open backyard wth a lot of trees and open area. Something that is impossible for a city. Josh walks to the right where there is some picnic tables, a grill, and a firepit. Soon, Josh has the grill lit and the steak on it.
About an hour later, the steak is cooked and on a plate and in front of me. I grab the knife and cut off a piece and put it in my mouth and chew. It was good. I soon have the steak gone and wish for more, but hold myself back.
"Do you like salad?" Josh asks me. I shake my head, disgusted at the thought of eating plants. Josh nods then goes back inside. I am confused by what he asked and pick up my plate and go inside as well and cleaning off the plate and solverware before putting it in the diswasher. I walk back into the main room and see everyone talking still. I walk past them to the stairs.
"Payton," a voice says, "come join us," I look back to see it was Sammy. I walk over and sit down in the only open chair and listen to their conversation, though blocking them out then eventually falling asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
I have a few good ideas for this book. And I want to start working on this book more.
Thanks for Reading!
~NZ