Chapter One:

EVELYN:

The streets were dirty, so much so that you could barely make out the pavement. The small stores we're old and muddy, bugs crawled freely around them. Most of the glass windows would be broken, or cracked. New books and magazines, now looks like trash; completely torn and dirty. The grocery store looked like a bomb went off, food was splattered to the floor, boxes cut open, shells pushed to the ground, and most of its food had disappeared.  

People walked through the streets, holding their children close and staying in groups. They shopped through the windows, and only when necessary, did they actually go into the stores. They avoided the half burnt buildings like a plague and knew better than to ask, 'what happened'.

"You ready?” I asked, searching the blue eyed man. The man smirked, about to reply, but then I cut him off. 

"Don't you dare say it, Shawn." I threaten, and Shawn laughed, fixing his black hat. 

"30 minutes." I said, slipping on my black watch. Shawn rolled his eyes, knowing he could do it in less time. 

I glanced at Shawn once more, before stepping into the crowd of people. 

I walked to the center of the crowd, keeping my eyes only on the four soldiers in the middle. I eyed them up and down, memorizing the uniforms and the special helmets they wore covered their faces. I watched as the crowd left plenty of room for the soldiers, afraid to even come close. I watched as the soldiers scanned the crowd, and all their heads stop on me. 

I smiled as the crowd swiftly moved away from me, and as the soldiers aimed their stun guns. 

"Now” I muttered, pressing my watches’’ stop button, and started running. 

"-got are self a mutant." Something or someone said, its voice echoing in my mind. The room was blurred, and everything seemed to be tipped. 

My head swayed, back and forth, trying to make sense of everything. 

Someone pushed me, and I fell into a hard chair. My hands were forced behind the chair and tied, tightly. 

My head swung back and forth, and my eyes squinted, trying to see between the blur. 

I focus on the thing in front of me, and slowly my vision started to clear.