Prologue

Fear, was all I felt as I screamed. 

May pushed her hands over my mouth, her brown eyes glaring at me, as if disgusted by my fear.

"We've gots to be quiet." She muttered harshly, her eyes fixated on the window. I clamped my own shaken hands on my mouth, afraid that I would scream.

We could hear people yelling, and things breaking. We could hear the soldiers’ feet stomping on the hard grounds. We could see the helicopter lights dancing around the neighborhood and the armed cars racing around. 

I squeezed May tighter, tears already pouring out of my seven year old eyes. I wanted to yell at them, scream. To tell them we didn't know any better. That we didn't do anything. 

"Remember are promise?" May asked, pulling me away from her. I nod my head, my eyes staring at the window.  Watching as my very own world seemed to be destroyed right before my eyes. 

May pushed me towards the window. 

"No, mum said not to go near the-" But I didn't get to finish, May pushed me through the window. 

For the few feet of falling, I panicked. I screamed, my heart stopped, and my body flailed everywhere. 

My back hit the ground first, and I quickly glanced up at the room once more, and then I took off running. 

I knew the soldiers would be close, I could hear them. And the helicopter had already spotted me. 

My head swung this way and that, just trying to find the best path. I knew I couldn't get caught.  My eyes stun with tears, and my throat was sore. My lungs felt like collapsing but I pushed my bare feet fast. 

Building seemed to fade together, and all I could see was the soldiers. Their numbers seemed to grow every second, and the armed cars double every time I looked back. 

I ran around a corner, and ran straight into a dead end. I started to turn around, but it was too late. 

Soldiers and cars surrounded me; their lights pointing straight at me. Guns, aimed directly at my heart, and bombs ready. 

Fear. I finally understood what fear was. I stood there, in pure terror, my mind going blank. My heart beat a mile a minute, and tears freely poured down my face. I was scared out of my mind; my body was possessed with terror.  Froze in place with fear. I couldn't do anything, i couldn't move, I could barely breath. I. was. Terrified. 

"Please don't hurt me." I croaked, my hands shaking. My heart raced, my breath was ragged, my eyes were wide, and my body ached. 

"Please. I ain't done nothing wrong. Please, I really didn't. I won't even tell anyone." 

But they didn't seem to care. The soldiers weapons were aimed at my heart, hundreds of tiny red dots outlined my chest. I held my breath, afraid to even breath. 

The world seemed to go silent, at that very moment. As if the whole world was listening. 

   My body started to shake uncontrollably. My heart beat grew, this wasn't my fault. I didn't do nothing. 

And I panicked, full out panic attack. My eyes widen in fear, tears pouring out of them. I screamed an ear-piercing scream. My body stood frozen in place, my life flashed before my eyes, my head bang with pain, my stomach turned, my legs collapse, and my body contracted. 

And everybody went black.