Main Story.

"Make a wish," he said, gently sifting out a seemingly single black thread under my eye. "Fallen eyelash."

I closed my eyes as he extended his palm towards me, my eyelash in between his fingers. I bit my lip as hard as I could only to stop myself from crying. Please stay with me, please stay with me, please stay with me. 

"So what did you wish for?" He said, a little too close.

"If I tell you, it won’t come true." I sighed, loud enough for me to hear so I would know I wasn’t numb.

Yet it was drowned by wheels rolling and baggages sighing with me as it secretly complains about the overpacking of most people. The microphone announced the names of the last passengers for the 3rd time. "Calling the attention of Ms. Paeton…"

I pointed to a girl probably in her mid-30’s, wearing heels that were a tad too big, and with a bundle of blonde mess where her hair should be running all across one end to another. Her face was a mixture of fatigue and restlessness, which I don’t want to try anytime soon, if you ask me, “I’m guessing she’s Ms. Paeton.”

"I don’t know. From her name and the way the flight attendant pronounces it in a sexy French accent, I kind of imagined her to be a lot younger." He smirked at me and his eyebrows rose up and down, up and down like they always did when he tried to be cute. "Maybe I could finally give up the girl for my dreams for Ms. Pay-tun," he added trying his best to muster the same accent but with too much air. I mocked disgust in response.

"… and Mr. Fable…" The flight attendant continued.

"That would be you." I bit my lip again.

"If that wasn’t obvious enough, yep." He looked into my eyes. His brown, stellar eyes that never seemed fit for this world. "Now, would you tell me what you wished for?"

I shook my head. “No.”

"Again, this is the last call for Mr. Fable for Flight J839-135 heading to Los Angeles. The plane will depart in a moment."

The flight attendant’s voice kept bouncing off the walls, hunting us. 

"Everybody has probably memorized your name what with the many times it has been mentioned." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"Whatever you wished for, look to the sky as you leave this airport. If you see a star and a plane, that means it’s going to come true." He took me in his hands and hugged me.

"You should probably go." I whispered.

He nodded and started going to the plane, where I’m sure the passengers will give mean looks for messing with the time departure.

"Even though that’s the opposite of what I wished for." I whispered, him too being far away to hear.

-

As I started walking towards the road, I looked up. If you see a star and a plane, your wish is going to come true. He said. It was 3 o’clock in the afternoon. There would be no stars. But the plane was enough to let me know it didn’t come true. I started to cry.

I was immobilized but there was a loud screech and a big smoke and all of a sudden, people were even more frantic than before.

I looked to the sky. There was no plane anymore.