18

2 months later

Maya p.o.v

"Lucas wake up now" I groaned in pain as I shook him awake.
"Maya, it's still dark out, what are you doing awake?" He asked while rubbing his eyes. "Lucas" I said as pain took over me again causing me to close my eyes and throw my head back. "Maya are you okay?" He asked while quickly getting up. "No, no it hurts" I told him while holding my stomach. "Do you think it's time?"  He asked with worry in his voice.
"I don't know, it's too early" I replied.
"Um do you want me to call your mom?" He asked me. "Yes please" I replied with tears going down my face.
"Okay, your parents are on their way" Lucas said. "Okay" I said back.

30 minutes later

"Maya are you okay, what's wrong?" My mom asked while running over to me. "Mom, it hurts" I told her while looking up to her with tears in my eyes. "How long?" She asked me while rubbing my arm. "2 hours?" I answered. "Okay, well why don't we go to the hospital now" she said while trying to get me up.

"What happened?" I heard Shawn ask Lucas. "I think the baby's coming" Lucas told him.

"Mom!" I yelled just as I felt something go down my legs once I stood up. "Yeah, we need to get to the hospital now" she informed us once she saw the puddle by my feet.
"What's going on?" Lucas asked getting a little worried.
"Her water broke" Shawn told him.
"Lucas get the bag" I called out to him as my mom helped me out of the room.

"Mom it's too early, I'm not ready" I said while getting really nervous.
"It's only 2 weeks early, she'll be fine" mom calmed me down as she helped me down the steps.
"You sure?" I asked.
"I promise" she said with a smile.

"Ready to go?" Shawn asked once we were all in the car. "Yeah" I said with my eyes closed. "Lucas, call Riley and tell her what's going on" I said.
"It's 4 in the morning, she's gonna be asleep" he reasoned.
"Just do it" I said while squeezing his hand.

"She said she'll meet us there" he said while looking at me. "Lucas, I'm scared" I admitted. "So am i, but we'll get through it" he told me.

At the hospital

"hey maya, how are you?" The nurse asked as she walked into the room.
"I'm in pain" I replied with a glare.
"Well, I'm going to see how far you're dilated and then I'll see if you can get the epidural" she said while getting some stuff ready. "Okay" I said not paying a lot of attention to her.

"Okay, so you're at a 5 but you need to be at a 10 to push" she said causing me to groan. "Hey you're okay" Lucas said while siting next to me. I looked up at him and smiled. "We're gonna meet her today" I said. "You excited?" He asked with a smile. "Yeah, I can't wait for this pain to stop" I said causing him to laugh a little.
"I can't wait either" he said while leaning down to kiss me

3 hours later

"Okay, maya, last one" the doctor said.
I looked up to see lucas and my mom by my side, I smiled at them before I pushed once more. I then threw my head back onto the pillow as I heard her cry.
"You did it, maya" my mom praised me as they put layla on my chest and wiped her off with a blanket.
I looked up to see lucas with tears in his eyes as he looked at her.
I looked down and kissed the top of layla's head before letting a tear fall.

I'm a mom

"She's beautiful" one of the nurses said causing me to smile down at the baby who was sleeping peacefully on my chest.

"We need to take her now so we can make sure she's healthy" the doctor said so I handed her off to him.

"Lucas were parents now" I told lucas with a smile. "Yeah we are" he said before kissing me. "Now go with them, I don't want her to be alone. And don't forget to take a picture" I said to him. "Okay" he replied as he followed them.

A few minutes later the nurse came back to me with layla in her arms, lucas following. "She's perfect" the nurse said as she put her in my arms.
"She really is" I agreed as I looked at layla.

About 20 minutes later

Shawn and Riley just came into the room.
"Where is she?" Riley asked.
"She's in the bassinet" I told her while pointing to it. "Aww" Riley gushed as she walked over to her. "She's so cute"
Riley said not taking her eyes off of her.
"How ya feeling?" Shawn asked while putting his hand on my shoulder.
"I'm doing great" I said while looking at layla.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi people, so the baby was born.
Her name is Layla Ann, if you didn't know. Let me know your thoughts on this chapter.