Prologue

Music recommendation to get in the mood: You, Clouds, Rain (Heize feat. Shin Yong Jae)

*In the hallway of a year-end award show*

"Good job, you did well everyone!"

All Gfriend members were bowing to the staff while handing back their mic. They have just finished performing Rough and Navillera on MAMA. Every member practiced a lot for this performance since it was one of the biggest year-end show and Sinb was relieved everything went well.

She was walking back to their waiting room when she saw him across the hallway. They passed each other silently, without a look. For a moment, Sinb held her breath as he was just beside her; she wondered if he felt the same. It seemed like the time paused for a second as they stood still, closely next to each other. Deep down none of them wanted to make another step further. But they both did.
Sinb passed Jungkook looking straight ahead of her.

"Really? Is this how this is going to be now?" He said turning around to look at her.

Sinb didn't answer at first but eventually gave in.

"Don't make it harder than it already is Jeon Jungkook."  She replied coldly over her shoulder.

And she just continued walking. Jungkook stood there for a while until Eunbi disappeared at the corner of the hallway. He then turned around and went on his way after a long sigh.

Sinb waited behind the wall, hearing his footstep fading away. She bit her lip and tried really hard not to cry.

"You're so pathetic Hwang Eunbi" she said to herself.

Jungkook went back to his table where his hyungs were seating. He wasn't even paying attention to the show anymore. Namjoon saw the maknae spacing out and elbowed him. Their eyes met and even though it was dark, the lights reflected on Jungkook's eyes for a split second and Namjoon could've sworn they were watery.

Namjoon: "You okay?" He said with a little smile lightly showing his dimples.

Jungkook: "Yeah yeah, just a little bit sleepy" he said while quickly rubbing his eyes

Namjoon: "You know... it will pass, eventually."

Jungkook stared at Namjoon and he knew right away the leader wasn't talking about his tiredness. With an umpteenth sigh Jungkook looked away, starring at an invisible point on the ground.

There was a time when things were not as bitter between Eunbi and Jungkook. They were actually even happy, for a short while.
All of it seems like decades ago now; none of them would have known that they would be clinging so hard onto these memories.