Chapter 1 - The Dinner Party

Sophie's P.O.V.

I was sitting on my bed and watching Youtube videos after being out with my best friend Alessia who I've known since the first grade the whole afternoon when my phone rang. I picked it up to see that it was my boyfriend Alex who was calling. We've been dating since October last year and our 9 month anniversary are in only a couple of days.

"Hey Alex" I answered.

"Hi babe! Are you coming to Gavin's party tonight? Everyone is going to be there and it's the last party before everyone goes off to different universities" He said.

"I can't, my parents are going to have this dinner party that I have to be at..." I said.

"Really? That sucks. Well maybe you can come by abit later?" He said.

"Yeah maybe, I can try" I said.

"That'd be awesome be cause it won't be any fun if you won't be there" He said.

We talked for abit more before we hung up and then I just sat there and looked at my lockscreen picture for a while. It was me and Alex on graduation day in our caps and gowns looking all happy. It made me abit sad because soon we'd be thousands of miles away from eachother as I'd start in UCLA and he'd start in Penn State on the other side of the country. I'm really happy for him though because it's been his dream since he began playing football to play for Penn State. He was the star quarterback in our high school team and during one of the games this spring a college recruiter saw him and gave him a scholarship to Penn State.

An hour later the guests started to arrive and since I knew there'd be only kids I didn't bother to change my outfit so I kept my blue ripped knee jeans and the simple statement t-shirt that I was already wearing on. Since the food wasn't completely done yet the adults gathered in the kitchen while me and the kids where in the livingroom. I sat on the couch and scrolled through instagram when the oldest one, a girl named Lily who was 11 years old came over to me.

"Have you seen Descendants 2?" She asked.

"Yeah I have" I said and nodded.

"It's my favourite movie! I love Evie & Mal, they are so cool" She said and smiled widely. "Who's your favourite character?"

"Uhm I don't know... maybe Dude I think" I said.

"The dog?" She said.

"Yeah he was funny when he began to talk" I said.

"Yeah but he's not a real character" She said and giggled.

"Okay then my favourite character is..... Carlos" I said and smiled.

"I like him too" She said and smiled.

I thought back to two weeks ago when me and Alessia watched the movie. We have always been kids at heart and I don't think we'll ever stop watching Disney Channel. It's kind of our guility pleasure that we have together. We loved the first movie and the sequel was even better. The only reason we watched the first one in 2015 where because Cameron Boyce from Jessie was going to be in it and we kind of  had a crush on him when we where younger and now puberty has really hit him like a truck. From a cute little 12 year old to a really hot 18 year old. Not gonna lie but I'm such a sucker for his freckles.

"Sophie!" A voice said and interrupted my thoughts.

I looked to my right to see Lily again.

"Huh yeah?" I said.

"Are you okay? You spaced out" She said.

"Yeah I'm fine. So who wants to have a dance party to the Descendants 2 songs?" I said.

Lily and the other four kids yelled yes and jumped up and down. I chuckled and connected my phone via bluetooth to the speaker and began playing the soundtrack. The first song that came on was Ways To Be Wicked and we all started singing and dancing. I got really into it almost like I was 11 and not 18 anymore. We all had so much fun and about 7 minutes later What's My Name ended and my favorite song from the movie Chillin Like A Villain came on.

"Oh yeah this is my jam!" I shouted loudly before beginning to sing.

A/N

So I had this idea and I thought why not start another story when I already have 4 unfinished stories published 😂 Anyway this is as you all might have seen a Cameron Boyce x Sophie Reynolds story where Sophie isn't famous in. Hope you'll like it!