3

It took Derek way longer to get out the door than he expected, and it wasn't his fault at all. Erica followed him around the entire time he was getting ready, asking him questions and generally making fun of him. Surprisingly, it was Laura who saved him, telling Erica to leave him alone. Derek eyed Laura skeptically, but continued getting ready.

Derek was right to be skeptical, cause as soon as Erica left the room, Laura took her spot. Derek huffed, rolling his eyes. He patted his pockets, making sure he had everything. When he decided that he did, he made his way to the door.

"Have fun on your date!" Derek growled at his sisters, slamming the front door behind him.
He was only a couple minutes late, which ruined his plan of being a couple minutes early. Damn sisters.

Stiles and Jenna were already at a booth, Jenna spotting him as he walked towards them. Her arms flailed, nearly knocking over her chocolate milk. Stiles caught it with skilled hands though. Derek shook his head, getting the thought of Stiles' hands out if head.

"Derek! I ordered you chocolate milk! Daddy said it was rude to order for you, and that you might not like chocolate milk. But like, who doesn't like chocolate milk?! That's a sin!"

Derek chuckled, sliding into the booth, sitting across from the little family.
"Chocolate milk just so happens to be my favorite drink. So thank you."
Jenna stuck her tongue out at her father, Stiles rolling his eyes.

Derek chuckled, Stiles' eyes flickering over to him. Derek's breath caught in his throat momentarily. He cleared his throat, sitting up a little straighter.
"Sorry I was a little late, my sisters wouldn't let me out the door."

Stiles scoffed, shaking his head a little.
"Derek, you were 5 minutes late. We're not going to behead you for it."
Derek smiled, lowering his head.
The stutter in Stiles' heart beat made him look back up, but Stiles' attention was already on Jenna.

"Tatuś, look at my wolf! I made it blue and orange!" Stiles smiled, running his hand through Jenna's hair.
"It's beautiful, baby."
"Do you like it, Derek?" Jenna asked, pushing the piece of paper towards him.

Derek picked it up, squinting his eyes to make it seem like he was scrutinizing every detail of the drawing. He hummed, scratching at his chin, the stubble there scratching against his fingers.

He glanced over at Jenna. She was leaned closer to him, eyes wide, waiting for his answer. He hid his smirk, placing the paper back on the table.
"This is the most exquisite piece of art I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of art in my life."

Jenna's eyes widened, slowly taking the paper pack. "Really?"
Derek nodded, smiling at her. She squinted at him, folding her arms. "What makes you an expert?"

Derek leaned closer as if telling a secret. Jenna did too, eyes still squinted. "I'm the art curator at the museum. So all I do all day is look at art." Jenna gasped, pulling at Stiles' sleeve.
"Dad! Did you hear that? Derek is a prefessional art watcher and he said mine is the most amazing he's ever seen!"

Stiles smiled at her, his eyes crinckeling at the corner. "I did hear. That's amazing, Bo." Jenna's face was bright, the little girl jumping in her seat. Derek smiled too, happy he made her that excited.

The waitress came over to the table, smiling at them. "You guys ready to order?" Stiles and Derek both nodded, the waitress taking down their orders.
"Alright, I'll be right out with them."
"Thank you."

Derek's attention returned to Jenna, the little girl continuing to color. Derek noticed how much blue and orange she was using, smirking a little. "You better be a Mets fan to like blue and orange that much." Derek watched Jenna's eyes go wide, momentarily stopping in her coloring.