Chapter 2: Jade's Perspective

I don't understand why Ms. Green keeps abusing Dylan like this. Dylan is such a sweet innocent boy. He doesn't even do anything wrong. But is it just me or is it just a coincidence that Dylan's mom started abusing him right at the time that I started dating Chase. I don't know. Maybe I'm just going crazy. Dylan and I walk on the bus when there, standing in the walkway is the love of my life with open arms. I run to him and hug him really tight. Like usual, me, Dylan, and Chase sit in the back of the bus when there is just one long seat that can fit almost 6 people. Nobody ever sits there in the morning.So far, the day is going pretty much like normal. I sit in the middle, Chase on my left, and Dylan on my right. Dylan seems really uncomfortable around Chase. When Chase is around, he makes up some fake excuse to leave and then he runs away. If only Dylan could get to know Chase like I do.Then Dylan will see that Chase is a very nice, caring, funny, and a joyful guy. Chase is such an amazing guy. Captain of the basketball team, student council president, best cello player, and he has a really good education. What more could I ask for? The bus pulled up to our school. Carnegie High School. Even when the bus pulled up to the school, Dylan, Chase, and I stay back. Once the bus clears out, we finally get off the bus. We walk down the walkway of the school.

"Hey Jade, I have to go to the orchestra room early to set up my cello. I'll see you in science", Chase said as he kissed my cheek.

"Well okay. Bye! I love you!", I said as he started to walk away.

"I love you more. By Dylan", he shouted from behind his back.

"See ya", Dylan mumbled.

Dylan and I walk into the school and to our lockers, which are three apart. Our first hour was gym and Mondays was partner day. We could choose a partner and go to different stations that the Coach sets up. I think that'll get me some time to talk with Dylan. We go our seperate ways to the locker rooms and I walk down to the last row of lockers to mine. That's when I see my friend Misty.

"Hey Misty!", I say.

"Hi Jade", she replies. 

She's a little anti-social but once you get to know her, she can really put up and start with a conversation.

"So... how's Chase?", she asks.

"Oh, he's great", I reply with a smile.

"And, how does Dylan feel about you being with Chase?", she asks again.

Okay, whats with the Q&A? Where is she trying to get at?! Why does she want to know all of this information? She is trying to get somewhere but I just don't know where she is trying to point the arrow. The 10-pointer. 5-pointer? I just wish she would shoot the arrow right at the target.

"He gets uncomfortable and he thinks very little of Chase", I say.

"Dylan is your best friend right?", she asks yet again.

"Of course he is. I remeber is 3rd grade we used to go to the field full of dandelions and cloud watch. I miss those days". I sigh with a smile.

Everyone in the locker room starts to jog to the locker room when they hear the Coach blow her whistle.

"Oh there's the coach again! See you in the gym", Misty says as she skips to the gym.

Is there something I should know about Chase? About Dylan? I'm about to jog to the gym when I take a glance in the mirror and see that I still had my sweater, skirt, and combat boots on. The Coach is going to kill me. I completely strip and run to the gym.