The Huntmaster

This is the first tale of many about a knight once valuable to the Kingdom of the gods, and is now cast away.

The battlefield is an ominous place, alas it is one the Ashen ones would call home. Born through the flames of the deceased these warriors are resurrected from the dead in their prime cursed to eternally walk this Earth unless consumed by the flames that once brought them life...the flames of eternity. But this tale is about one man in particular...the Huntmaster ordered by the Guardians of the flame to find and kill all those that defy from the "Will of Fire".

The sound of a horse galloping echoes throughout the scorched earth where The Ashen ones have gained yet another victory in their eternal battle with those that go against the Will of Fire. The horse sighted is not one for battle yet one that a courier uses to travel between the lands with speed unrivaled by those of warriors. Alas, this is no courier, the man upon the horse is none other then the master of the hunt whose name is unknown to all pardon the ones that he has killed. He has caught the trail of one that has eluded him for many a century, the trail of one failed knight who not even he, the master of the hunt has caught. To him this is the ultimate prey one that makes the game entertaining for him and proves a challenge. For he lives for this game, the game played between the hunter and the hunted.