I

Hannah's P.O.V

I am Hannah Scarlet Kieran, 17 years old, homeless.  I've been living on the streets of Manhattan, New York since my parents died 7 years ago on a cruise.

When my parents went on their cruise they had left me staying at my Aunt Delilah's house, but once we got the news, she told me she couldn't keep me.  So I left.

I got to have nothing from my house, for I had nothing left in my name, only in my dad's sister's name.  All I have now is a few dollars from begging and I save it for emergencies.

Everyday is the same. 

I find somewhere to sleep on the streets, wake up and walk to Marina's Cafe to freshen up and get a free coffee, go back on the streets and beg or walk around, go to the library or music store to stay warm or cool, go back out to Kevin's Eatery to get a free meal, and then go back out to either to walk around or go to sleep.

I don't mind being on the street's as much as I used to, now that I know how to survive.

It was way worse when I was 10-13 but now I'm okay, I suppose.

Everyday I try my best to stay away from cops, so they don't take me to a homeless shelter or the station.  Those places are just too depressing and intimidating.

I'm better off alone and free to roam around the city to be honest.  It makes me feel like I am just like any normal person out in the city.

But deep down, I know I'm far from being a normal person out in Manhattan.

I'm Hannah Kieran and I am a homeless girl out in New York, but I'm okay.

I suppose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to give you all a little background and info on Hannah :)

Next chapter will be better. OH and don't expect Harry to show up until like chapter 3 :)

~ Paige ♥